One of my very favorite ways to serve my family berries is this simple and delicious honey lime fruit salad. This berry salad takes only a few minutes to make (basically just the time to rinse and chop the fruit) and it is packed with flavor!
Fresh Berry Fruit Salad
Does anyone else get giddy with excitement about fresh berries? I love that this time of year the stores are just bursting with fresh fruit. I’ve seen strawberries as low as 98 cents a pound already, and I can’t wait to spend the summer eating as many strawberries as humanly possible!
My kids love strawberries and blueberries, but sometimes find raspberries and blackberries a little tart for their taste. They love them in this summer berry salad, though! The honey adds just a touch of sweetness without taking away from the delicious fruit flavor, and the lime makes the whole berry salad taste fresh and adds a great depth of flavor.
This berry salad recipe is easy to customize to whatever fruit you have on hand, too. I had a ripe kiwi sitting on the counter and decided to throw it in, just for fun, and it was a tasty addition. You really can’t go wrong here!
How To Make A Berry Salad With A Honey Lime Dressing
Slice & Dice – Start by washing your fruit and then slicing the larger fruit into bite-sized pieces. Throw them in a bowl and mix them up.
The Dressing – Next, toss in the zest of one lime and then drizzle the honey over the top of the fruit. Toss everything again so the berries have an even coat.
Chill – I think the berry salad tastes best if it has had a chance to cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Now only do I think fruit tastes better cold but it gives the flavors a chance to meld together in the fridge.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Strawberry Orange Mint Salad
- Crunchy Chicken Salad
- Spinach Onion Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Creamy Pasta Salad
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked it. Did you add any other fresh berries to this recipe? Let us know!
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh, rinsed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh, rinsed
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh, rinsed
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh, rinsed
- 1 kiwi, skin removed, cut into pieces
- zest of one lime
- 2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Toss the strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and kiwi together.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and drizzle with honey, and toss to distribute evenly.
- This salad tastes even better if it's refrigerated for 30 minutes or so before serving to allow the flavors to meld, but it's delicious either way!