This spinach salad is the perfect side dish for an outdoor party or BBQ! Fresh ingredients tossed in a tangy poppyseed dressing… it doesn’t get any tastier than this!
Spinach Salad Recipe
Nothing says SUMMER like a fresh, delicious salad. This spinach salad recipe is loaded with spinach (yum!) plus it has an added surprise – bacon – (double yum!) Not only does this one taste amazing, but it is also SUPER easy to put together! This spinach salad is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next summer get together!
Salad Tips –
- We recommend serving this salad with our delicious Onion Poppy Seed Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Often times when mixing a salad all the yummy toppings sink to the bottom. To combat this, mix your salad ingredients in one big bowl. Then, gently dump out the bowl onto a different serving platter. The toppings will almost always disperse evenly and perfectly!
Summer Spinach Salad
- baby spinach, 1 bag
- iceberg lettuce, 1 head chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- With your salad all assembled, you can either evenly coat the whole salad with some onion poppyseed dressing OR you can serve the dressing on the side allowing each person to put on their perfect amount of dressing.
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.