This simple BLT Pasta Salad is easy to make and is always a crowd-favorite!
Pasta Salad is a summer staple, but if you’re looking to branch out from the traditional potluck pasta salad, try it BLT style! It’s simple to make, and always gets rave reviews!
If you love make-ahead dishes, add this BLT Pasta Salad to your list! You can prep all the ingredients beforehand and then toss them in the dressing right before you serve it! I combine the pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and peppers, and then I add the bacon and dressing (which I keep separate from each other) right before serving. This way the bacon doesn’t go rubbery and the lettuce doesn’t go soggy!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 6 oz bowtie pasta
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓-½ cup ranch dressing
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella or even feta work great)
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp BBQ sauce (great when used in addition to a creamy dressing!)
- Cook pasta according to package directions for “al dente” (you don’t want mushy pasta!). Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Wash and dry lettuce, then cut or tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pasta, lettuce, bacon & tomatoes to a salad bowl. Gently toss, then pour dressing on and toss again. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- If making this ahead, add the pasta, lettuce, tomatoes & pepper to the salad bowl, but keep the bacon and dressing separate. Add the bacon and dressing when you’re ready to serve it (because no one likes soggy lettuce!)
- 6 cups of Romaine lettuce is about half of a head.
- This salad is SO easy to customize! Love bacon? Add more! Love cheese? Throw some in! The options really are endless and you can make it exactly how you like it.
- Other dressing work with this salad too. Try Caesar or blue cheese! Zesty Italian is always delicious too. Try adding some BBQ sauce with the ranch or blue cheese.
- This doubles easily for a crowd, and is perfect for potlucks!