Cream cheese mashed potatoes are so delicious you’ll never make them any other way again. Loaded with a three cheese blend and a tasty blend of herbs and seasoning, these mashed potatoes are the perfect compliment to any dinner recipe.
I love serving these mashed potatoes made with cream cheese with several of my favorite dishes. These potatoes pair well with my famous Fall Off The Bone Ribs, a Pepperoncini Pot Roast or this easy Meatloaf Recipe.
Mashed Potatoes With Cream Cheese
My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and we probably have mashed potatoes with our dinner at least once a week. My sister-in-law shared this recipe with my family years ago and it is fabulous! I had never made mashed potatoes with cream cheese before but I don’t think I’ll make them any other way again. If you’re looking for a creamy, flavorful mashed potato recipe that is super simple to throw together, you should definitely give this one a try!
How To Make Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Wash and then cut the red potatoes into quarters
- Bring the the potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water on the stove
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and then simmer until they are tender, which will take about 10-20 minutes
- Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot
- Place the pot on medium heat for about a minute to dry out the potatoes
- Remove the pot of potatoes from the stove
- Add the garlic, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese to the cooking pot
- Mash the potatoes to your desired texture and stir until the ingredients are fully mixed
- Add salt & pepper to your liking and then give the potatoes another good mix
- Garnish with green onions or fresh rosemary, optional
Tips For Making Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- If you don’t like ricotta or Parmesan cheese for any recipe, simply substitute them with more cream cheese. For each cheese you remove from the recipe, add an additional 2 ounces of cream cheese to the mix.
- After you bring the pot to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer. By simmering the potatoes it will help keep them from being too mushy and falling apart.
Cheese Mashed Potato Ingredients
- Red Potatoes
- Garlic cloves
- Cream cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & peeper
- Rosemary or parsley (optional)
More Easy Potato Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Chicken and Mashed Potato Bowls
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Best Cream Cheese Mashed Potato Recipe
Go ahead, give these delicious mashed potatoes a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you enjoyed this easy recipe or tag us on social media after you make them because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs of red potatoes quartered
- 1-2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rosemary or parsley
Wash and scrub your potatoes before cooking them
In a large pot of water bring the potatoes to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer on the stove. Simmer until they are tender - about 10-20 minutes.
Drain and return them to the pot.
Place the pot on medium heat for about a minute to dry out the potatoes.
Remove from heat.
Add the garlic, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Add salt & pepper to your liking, mix again.
Garnish with green onions or fresh rosemary, optional