This easy tutorial will show you how to cook potatoes in a crock pot.
We use our crock pot at least weekly in our home. There is nothing better than having dinner ready right when you need it after a long, busy day! But did you know you could use a crock pot to make baked potatoes? When your evening is going to be filled with craziness, or when the weather is too hot to use an oven, you can prepare your potatoes, place them in your slow cooker and call it good! Here is how to cook potatoes in a crock pot:
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes, all about the same size
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
You will also need:
- Aluminum foil
- paper towels
- Wash the potatoes really good. Russet potatoes are especially dirty!
- Dry the potatoes with a paper towel.
- Poke potatoes with a fork 3-4 times on all sides on the potato.
- Brush vegetable oil over each potato then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Tightly wrap each potato individually in aluminum foil, then place directly into crock pot.
- Place as many wrapped potatoes as you need in the crock pot, starting with a single layer on the bottom and then stacking more potatoes on top. Depending on the size of your potatoes and how big your crock pot is will determine how many you can cook at one time. You just need to make sure you have room for the lid to close securely.
- Cook according to directions below-
- 6-8 potatoes
- On low for 6 hours
- On high for 4 hours
- A full crock pot
- On low for 10 hours
- On high for 6 hours
- 6-8 potatoes