This chicken caesar pasta salad is so fresh and delicious, and ready in less than thirty minutes. Loaded with chicken, pasta and Caesar dressing, this salad is perfect for potlucks and barbecues!
The Perfect Summer Pasta Salad
One of the best things about summer is all the delicious summer salads! Whenever I go to a potluck or a summer barbecue, I can never choose between all of the delicious side dishes. I usually end up loading my plate with a spoonful from every single bowl. What can I say? I am a girl who loves a good salad!
This chicken caesar pasta salad is one of my new favorites. I love that not only is it delicious, it’s also really easy to make. It’s a delicious mix between a green salad and a pasta salad, with all the delicious flavor of a caesar salad. What could be better than that?
This salad also makes a perfect light summer meal, or an easy side dish. I absolutely love the combination tastes and textures in this salad! This salad recipe is actually really easy to make too. Cooking the pasta takes the longest and everything else can be prepped while it’s cooking.
How To Make A Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Pasta – You’ll need to start by cooking your pasta according to the directions on the box. I love the look of bow tie pasta in this recipe but if you don’t have that, any type of pasta will do. When it’s done cooking, drain and rinse the pasta with cold water.
Combine – Throw the pasta, lettuce, chicken and tomatoes in a large bowl and mix everything together. Next, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and fresh basil over the top of the salad.
Dressing & Croutons – If you’re ready to serve the pasta salad go ahead and add the caesar dressing and croutons when you’re mixing everything together. If you’re going to serve it later, wait until you’re ready to serve it before adding them to keep everything from getting soggy.
Don’t Boil Over – It seems like every time I make pasta my pot boils over and it makes a huge mess. I recently discovered these spill stopper lids and they are amazing! Now you can work on the rest of the caesar pasta salad recipe without having to worry about the pot.
Let It Cool – Before you combine the pasta with the lettuce, make sure the pasta has completely cooled. If the pasta is too hot, it can ruin the texture of the lettuce.
More Easy Pasta Salad Recipes
- Tortellini Apple Summer Salad
- Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe
- Simple Chicken & Tortellini Salad
- Easy BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta
- 2 cups chicken, chopped and cooked
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 tomato, medium sized and chopped
- 2 cups croutons, garlic flavored
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing, I used Brianna's Asiago Caesar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh and chopped, optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, romaine, tomato, and croutons. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- If you're making the salad in advance, add the dressing just before serving.