Summertime just got a whole lot fresher! Here are our favorite go-to summer salads recipes that are made with so many healthy ingredients. With so many delicious options, you won’t know where to begin.
Nothing goes better on a salad than an homemade dressing. You should give our Homemade Ranch, Poppy Seed or Cilantro Lime dressings a chance.
Fresh Summer Salads
There is just something to be said about eating a fresh salad in the summertime! You can have an entire lunch or dinner that doesn’t require any cooking or slaving over a hot stove. The perfect salad is simple to whip up and is light, filling and delicious!
We have recipe ideas for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a a side salad, a dinner salad or anything in between, we have you covered. Here are several of our favorite summer salads recipes we think your taste buds are going to LOVE! With so many options, you’ll have more than enough salad ideas to get you through the summer. Take a look:
Best Dinner Salads
- This fresh and delicious Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad is the perfect light summer meal, and it takes just a few minutes to make!
- There are only 3 ingredients for this Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad, and then you can choose to make a homemade poppy seed dressing like I did, or you can grab another of your favorite dressing options. I think a vinaigrette would be really good as well.
- A hearty Cobb Salad is a perfect meal idea when you’re hungry. This classic salad is loaded with chicken, egg, bacon, fresh avocado and so many more savory toppings you won’t be able to resist it.
- If you’re looking for something basic, this fresh Garden Salad with a homemade Italian dressing is absolute perfection.
- This delicious Taco Salad recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- I love this Grilled Chicken Salad recipe because it’s topped with both classic and nontraditional ingredients that create an amazing culinary experience.
- This Gyro Salad includes all of the fantastic flavors and elements of our favorite Gyros, right down to that amazing tzatziki sauce.
- This spinach salad pairs great with a hot day and is the perfect side dish for an outdoor party or BBQ!
- This BLT Chopped Salad is chock full of colors, textures, and a plethora of veggies! From Averie Cooks
Delicious Side Salads
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for any summer get together. All of the tastes you love from a loaded baked potato, in salad form!
- Mexican Corn Salad is bursting with fresh juicy corn, cotija cheese, lime, and cilantro. The perfect easy side dish for a summer meal!
- Try this delicious Homemade Coleslaw recipe and leave that soggy stuff you can buy at the store.
- This Italian Pasta Salad recipe is my go-to side dish when I’m hosting a crowd. It’s made with just a couple simple ingredients and it can be easily doubled or tripled depending on how many mouths you need to feed.
- A Broccoli & Bacon Salad is both healthy and delicious and is the perfect compliment to any meal.
- This Potato Salad is inspired by Chilean cuisine and is a delicious take on a classic side dish.
- Summer isn’t summer if you can’t enjoy a large scoop of Egg Salad while barbecuing with friends and family.
Favorite Salads With Pasta
- This simple and delicious Caprese Pasta Salad is so fresh and easy to make. It’s the perfect side dish for any summer potluck or barbecue!
- Tortellini Apple Salad is one of my favorite salads to make during the warm summer months! It is filling and fresh and very delicious!
- A Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a delicious combination of two classic salads that is ready to go in under 30 minutes.
- Loaded with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes this BLT Pasta Salad is perfect to enjoy with friends at your next summer gathering.
Easy Asian Inspired Salads
- This healthy and delicious Asian Salad recipe is loaded with fresh veggies and tender chicken. It’s an easy meal that’s perfect for summertime!
- Cool and tasty with a delicious crunch – this Crunchy Chicken Salad just might be the best chicken salad recipe you’ll ever make! Time to give it a try!
Salads With Fresh Fruit
- One of my very favorite ways to serve my family berries is this simple and delicious honey lime fruit salad. This Honey Lime Fruit Salad takes only a few minutes to make (basically just the time to rinse and chop the fruit) and it is packed with flavor!
- My kids adore this Pink Lady Salad . I adore this salad. I do not know a single person who does not adore this salad. And I use the word “salad” very loosely here. It’s really more of a dessert that you get to eat with your dinner.
- Strawberry Orange Mint Salad is a delicious fruit salad recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Do you find yourself fixing more salads in the summertime, or do you devour them year-round? Let us know which of these summer salads was your favorite in the comments below. Have a Happy Summer!
I live off of salads in the summertime. There are so many great ones to choose from. I started with that delicious cobb salad and I’m looking forward to working my way through all of them! Thanks for this awesome collection!
The cobb is one of my all-time favorites!
Such an awesome roundup of delicious summer salads – love it! I’m going to start with that taco salad for lunch!
That’s a fantastic one to start with!
So many beautiful salads to choose from! I’m going to try your potato salad this weekend for the 4th. Thanks so much for the collection!
Yum…I absolutely love me a good summer salad. The very first fresh tomato I pick out of my garden I used to make a BLT salad. Nothing like a salad made with fresh from the garden veggies. That BLT chopped salad is making my mouth water.