Quinoa taco casserole is a favorite 30-minute meal that is so tasty EVERYONE devours it… including my kids! Loaded with healthy quinoa and all of the delicious flavors of your favorite Mexican dish, this casserole will soon be one of your favorites too!
30 Minute Quinoa Casserole
School is back in session, and that means family life is about to speed up again! When my weeknights are busy, dinner prep needs to be a snap, and that’s one of the reasons why I love this quick & easy quinoa casserole. I’m a huge fan of Mexican food! This delicious casserole recipe has all of the flavors of my favorite Mexican dish plus a healthy dose of quinoa.
From start to finish it takes about 30 minutes to get this meal on the table. Just add five simple ingredients to a large bowl, mix well, pour in a casserole dish, and bake! You can garnish your quinoa casserole with your favorite taco toppings, making this a meal everyone can customize and enjoy!
How To Make A Taco Quinoa Casserole
Prep – While you’re putting everything together, you’ll want to preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Also, give your baking pan a shot of cooking spray before you start throwing everything in.
Quinoa – Start by cooking a cup of quinoa. Once it’s ready, give it a rinse and let it drain before mixing it with other ingredients.
Combine – Mix the cooked quinoa, salsa, corn and beans and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl. Once combined, spread it out evenly into your baking pan and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Cook – Bake the quinoa taco casserole for about 20 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted and the quinoa mixture should be starting to boil.
Make Ahead & Recipe Tips
Freezer Meal – If you’d like to make this ahead of time and save it in your freezer for a busy day, go for it! Prep it in a freezer pan and be sure to wrap the pan tightly with plastic wrap and write the date on it before you freeze it. When you’re ready eat it, put it in the oven for about 35 minutes or until it’s heated throughout.
Fresh Salsa – I usually just use a jar of salsa to save on time. However, if you want to take the flavor up a notch, you should make a large batch of this Homemade Salsa and use some in this recipe.
More Delicious Quinoa Recipes
- Caprese Quinoa Salad
- Easy Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Healthy Rainbow Quinoa Recipe
- Sausage & Kale Quinoa
- Shrimp Fried Quinoa
Quinoa Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained, and cooked. (This expands to approx. 4 cups)
- 1 16- ounce jar of salsa
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 14- ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- Garnishes - taco sauce/salsa, sour cream, diced tomato, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, diced avocado, tortilla strip, sliced lime
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9”x13” or 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients and 1 cup of cheese. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa mixture just starts to bubble and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired garnishes and enjoy!