Cheesy, warm and packed with flavor, these quinoa pizza bites are amazing! These pizza bites are a 100% kid-friendly snack or meal that is both healthy and delicious!
Bite-sized pizza recipes are kind of our jam around here! We love Pizza Cupcakes, Pizza Bites, and Grilled Cheese Pizza Dippers. These Quinoa Pizza Bites are a healthier snack or meal option that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
Easy Quinoa Pizza Bites
As recent as just a few years ago, I don’t think I even knew what quinoa was. I had seen the word before, but had no idea how to say it! Quinoa, (KEEN-WAH) is a power house little grain that everyone now a days swears by – especially those on a Gluten free diet.
These quinoa pizza bites were one of the first quinoa dishes I made and they were a hit with almost the whole family. (My smallest eater had me pick out the green bits. I maybe should have chopped the basil up smaller.) Paired up with some pizza sauce, this made a kid-friendly meal that also filled the Momma’s healthy food quota. (Pizza in bite-sized form is pretty much as kid-friendly as you can get!)
So if you, like me, are intrigued by quinoa but haven’t been sure how to introduce it to your family, I recommend these for sure. If you, unlike me, already have cooked with quinoa, add these to your list of quinoa favorites. They will be a hit, especially if tiny green bits aren’t your kid’s kryptonite.
How To Make Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the pizza sauce
- Spray a muffin tin and then evenly pour the mixture into the tin(s)
- If you are using a regular muffin tin, bake for 20-25 minutes. If you are using a mini muffin tin, then bake for 15-20 minutes
- Allow them to cool a little and then serve them warm with pizza sauce
How To Store Quinoa Pizza Bites
These pizza bites can be kept fresh in the refrigerator for about 5 days. If you don’t think you’ll finish them by then, or if you want to make a batch for later, you can also freeze this yummy recipe. In either case, just be sure to place them in an airtight container before storing them. After you reheat them, I like to put them in a toaster oven for a couple of minutes to make them a little crispy again.
More Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- Rainbow Quinoa Recipe
- Sausage and Kale Quinoa
- Quinoa Caprese Salad
- Shrimp Fried Quinoa
- Quinoa Taco Casserole
Quinoa Pizza Bites Recipe
Let us know if you make these these quinoa pizza bites by leaving a comment in the section below or by tagging us on social media!
Quinoa Pizza Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 -7 0 z bag of turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan (you can use a regular or mini pan)
- Mix together everything but pizza sauce.
- Evenly distribute into greased pan. If you use a regular pan, this will fill each cup about to the top (ABOUT 1/4 cup full). If you use a mini pan, it will make about double.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for regular pan and 15-20 for mini. They should be firm.
- Let them set and cool slightly.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
Feeling healthier already!
. . . . .
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011-12), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in September 2012.
Okay… Those were SO good 🙂
I am so glad you liked them! 🙂
They’re going into the oven right now! So excited 🙂