This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oscar Mayer Bacon. All opinions are 100% mine.
This savory bacon breakfast pizza is a fun twist on a classic breakfast! It’s loaded with crisp bacon and melted cheese, and topped with eggs. This easy recipe is super delicious!
With the holiday season fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about those holiday menus! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is that when the kids are off school and my husband is off work, we get to have special breakfasts as a family.
At the same time, I don’t want to spend the whole morning in the kitchen cooking – I’d rather be spending it with my family instead! I love breakfast recipes that are incredibly delicious, but still quick and easy to make. This bacon breakfast pizza is just that! It only takes about 30 minutes to make, and it tastes so good that everyone will be begging for more. I love that it has the flavors of all my favorite breakfast foods, but in pizza form. It’s such a fun and unique breakfast!
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
Since bacon is the star of the show with this pizza, it’s important to choose a good bacon! I love cooking with Oscar Mayer Bacon because it always tastes great, and the quality is excellent. It’s made from carefully selected cuts that are hand trimmed for premium, consistent quality. The bacon is sugar cured and naturally smoked with real Wisconsin hardwoods. It cooks up perfectly every time! I used Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon for this bacon breakfast pizza, and it turned out so, so good!
To make the pizza, start by cooking your Oscar Mayer Bacon according to the package directions. Let it cool, then chop it coarsely. You’ll definitely want some bigger chunks of bacon mixed in so you can enjoy all of that delicious flavor! Shape your pizza dough into a twelve inch circle, then brush it generously with olive oil. I used homemade pizza dough this time, but store bought works great too! I like to bake mine on a piece of parchment so it’s easy to slide it in and out of the oven.
Next, top the dough with shredded cheese, leaving open spaces to crack the eggs into. Crack the eggs carefully, so that the yolks stay intact. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper, then pile on all of the delicious Oscar Mayer Bacon. It looks fantastic already!
How Long Do You Bake Breakfast Pizza
Bake the bacon breakfast pizza in a super hot oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the crust is golden brown. I like to bake mine on a pizza stone, the important part is to put the pizza stone in the oven as it preheats, so it gets really hot. The combination of the hot oven and the hot pizza stone will give the crust an amazing texture – crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Yum!
This bacon breakfast pizza has all the delicious flavors of a classic breakfast, but in pizza form. What could be better than that? Eggs and Oscar Mayer Bacon were just made for each other, and they taste even better when combined on a pizza. This pizza is so delicious and easy to make, and perfect for any special occasion or holiday breakfast!
Bacon Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Bacon Breakfast Pizza
- 6 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon
- 1 teaspoon corn meal
- 12 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 500 with a pizza stone inside. (If your oven only goes to 450 add an extra minute to your bake time). Always use caution when using your oven at high temperatures!
- Cook the Oscar Mayer Bacon according to the package directions. Drain and cool, then chop coarsely.
- Sprinkle the corn meal over a piece of parchment paper or pizza peel. Spread the pizza dough into a 12 inch circle, using your fingers to make an indented border around the outside edge. Brush the pizza dough generously with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the cheese and Oscar Mayer Bacon on top of the pizza dough, leaving four open spaces for the eggs. Crack an egg into each space, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer the pizza to the pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.