These delicious and savory breakfast enchiladas are a fun twist on breakfast! They’re loaded with eggs, bacon, and cheese, and they are so delicious!
Easy Breakfast Enchiladas
Why yes, my friends, it is possible to eat enchiladas for breakfast! I love enchiladas and want to eat them for pretty much every meal, so it only makes sense that I would figure out a way to eat them for breakfast.
These delicious and savory breakfast enchiladas are smothered in delicious hollandaise sauce and baked to gooey cheesy perfection. They’re so simple to make, but impressive enough to serve for company.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Flour tortillas
- Bacon or sausage
- Hollandaise sauce
- Salt & pepper
How To Make Breakfast Enchiladas
Prep – Before you get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. You’ll also want to spray your baking pan with cooking spray.
Eggs – Scramble the eggs in a skillet over the stove top. Hit them with a little salt & pepper and then cook them until they are slightly undercooked. At this point, remove them from the heat and stir in the cheese.
Roll Up – Divide the eggs equally into the flour tortillas and then roll them up tight.
Sauce – Place the tortillas into your baking pan with the seam down. Pour the hollandaise sauce over the top and spread it out so that it covers the enchiladas.
More Cheese & Cook – Top the enchiladas with a little grated cheese, and they’re ready to bake! Bake them for about 25 minutes.
Serve – The breakfast enchiladas will come out of the oven so gooey and cheesy! Let them cool just a little, then dig in. These breakfast enchiladas are a favorite with everyone in my family!
More Flavor Options – I made our enchiladas with bacon (always a favorite!), but you could easily substitute cooked sausage, ham, or even sautéed vegetables.
Don’t Overcook Eggs – I started with slightly undercooked scrambled eggs. The eggs will finish cooking as the enchiladas bake, so it’s better to undercook them so they don’t get tough.
Best Sauce – I like to make these with a homemade hollandaise sauce. If you’re pressed for time I’ve had success with the McCormick brand sauce mix and the Kroger store brand hollandaise sauce mix as well.
More Breakfast Recipes Using Eggs
- Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Baked Breakfast Taquitos
- Sausage Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Waffle Omelets
- Bacon Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 10 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 1 packet hollandaise sauce mix and ingredients listed on packet
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the salt and pepper until blended. Pour the eggs into the preheated skillet and cook gently, stirring frequently, until set but still slightly undercooked. Remove from heat and stir in the bacon and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Scoop the eggs into the flour tortillas and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish, then repeat with remaining eggs and tortillas.
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce mix according to the package directions. Pour the sauce over the rolled up tortillas, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Serve warm.