This easy sausage breakfast casserole recipe made is a delicious twist on a breakfast classic! Filled with biscuits, savory sausage, eggs and peppers, this breakfast casserole is a perfect way to start your day.
I love serving this easy casserole with a side of Bacon and pitcher of Homemade Lemonade.
Easy Breakfast Biscuit Casserole
If there’s one meal I really struggle with, it’s breakfast. I’ve got dinner down to a science (and I’ve certainly got dessert down!) but when it comes to breakfast, I have a really hard time thinking of new and fun ideas. My kids eat cold cereal for breakfast an embarrassing percentage of the time (like 90% 🙂 ) and I feel bad sending them off to school, knowing their little tummies will be empty in an hour or two.
I’ve been trying to work on coming up with some new and delicious recipes for breakfast, and this pepper and sausage breakfast casserole is a total winner! It’s quick and easy to make, and hearty and delicious.
Breakfast Biscuit Casserole Ingredients
You can add additional vegetables or proteins to this recipe to fit your tastes but here are the ingredients I used:
- Refrigerated breakfast biscuits
- Bell peppers
- Salt & pepper
Items Used To Make A Sausage Biscuit Casserole
- A 9 x 9 casserole dish
- My favorite kitchen knife
- Large skillet
- Mixing bowl
How To Make A Breakfast Casserole With Biscuits
I used Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage links to make this sausage biscuit breakfast casserole. I love how much delicious flavor the sausage adds. I’ve made it before with just eggs and cheese, but adding the sausage made it extra tasty! I love that Johnsonville sausage has the perfect texture, it’s easy to prepare, and it’s made with made with quality ingredients. This is definitely a new favorite breakfast for my family!
Can Your Freeze A Breakfast Biscuit Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this breakfast casserole and save it for later. Wait until the casserole has completely cooled and then place it in an airtight container before freezing. I typically meals that I have frozen within 2 months. When you’re ready to eat the casserole, place it in the refrigerator to thaw. Then bake the casserole in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Homemade Pancake Recipe
- Croissant Omelet Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Eggs Benedict
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 package Johnsonville Original or Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 package, 8 refrigerated biscuits
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, cook the sausage about 10-12 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then cut into pieces.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 baking dish. Place the biscuits into the bottom of the dish, pressing together to seal.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sausage, green pepper, red pepper, and shredded cheese evenly over the top of the biscuits. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the casserole does not jiggle when shaken lightly and the edges are golden. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
My new favorite breakfast!
I’m so glad you loved it!
Love how easy this casserole is to whip up! Perfect for the weekend!
This is where it’s at!!! Everything about this dish is amazing!
LOVE this casserole. Saving for next weekend!
This was so perfect for my family! My boys loved it and my husband asked if we could have it every Saturday for breakfast. I’d call that a winner!
That’s awesome! So happy to hear they liked it so much!