This homemade lemonade recipe delicious, refreshing and super easy to make. Made with fresh lemons and two other simple ingredients, it’s the perfect drink to enjoy this summer!
Easy Lemonade Recipe
Both my husband and my 5 year old son are BIG fans of lemonade. And while I appreciate a nice, cold drink on a hot summer day, I always feel like the store-bought lemonade is so sugar-y. And who has time to make fresh squeezed lemonade when the craving strikes?
Then my sister-in-law introduced me to her homemade lemonade recipe that her kids use when they set up a Lemonade Stand in their neighborhood. This simple recipe has changed my life forever.
Guys. This lemonade recipe is so easy. And refreshing. And delicious.
In fact, with a newly planted lemon tree in our backyard, I see plenty of pitchers of homemade lemonade in our future. One might even say this recipe makes it feasible to keep fresh squeezed lemonade in our fridge at all times. It is so good. (And did I mention it’s also super easy too?)
How to Make Homemade Lemonade
Learning how to make lemonade could not be any easier! With just a few basic ingredients – lemon juice, sugar and water – you can make a delicious batch of lemonade that literally has my mouth watering while I type this. Honestly, the hardest/longest part of this homemade lemonade is waiting for the sugar/syrup to cool. It involves squeezing lemons, dissolving sugar over the stove, adding water… and that’s it. Here’s how to do it:
Combine – Start by pouring a cup of water and the sugar into a pan and slowly bringing it to a boil. You’ll want to stir it frequently until the sugar dissolves to keep it from burning.
Cool – Once dissolved, allow the mixture to cool for about an hour until it reaches room temperature.
Mix – Add the sugar mixture, the lemon juice and the additional water to a large pitcher and give it a good stir. Serve immediately over ice or let it chill in the refrigerator.
Garnish – I love adding a little garnishment when serving. You can add a lemon slice to the glass or dip the rim of each glass in sugar to give it a little extra sweetness.
More Easy Summer Drink Recipes
- Dirty Monkey Mocktail
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Cherry Lemonade Slush
- Peach Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Banana Smoothie
Simple Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, about 7 large lemons
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 cups water
- mint leaves for garnish, optional
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and one cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often until sugar is completely dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Allow mixture to come to room temperature and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large pitcher, combine juice from lemons, the remaining seven cups of water and the sugar water mixture. Stir well and chill.
- Serve cold with a mint leave, or, if you're feeling extra fancy, wet the rim of you glass with some water, then dip into a small pile of sugar to coat the glass rim in something sweet