This refreshing and sweet peach lemonade recipe only takes ten minutes to make. Made with fresh peaches, it’s the perfect drink to get you through the hot summer!
Fresh Peach Lemonade
Summer is officially here! Turn off the oven and bring on allllllll of the refreshing drink options! I’m dreaming of tropical fruit and popsicles, homemade lemonade and ice cream… it all sounds so blissful right now. Last week a friend dropped off a bag of fresh peaches from her tree so I decided to make a pitcher of this easy lemonade recipe.
You know how the old saying goes, if your neighbor hands you a bag of peaches, make peach lemonade. Or something like that.:)
This peach lemonade is best served best outside, with a good book! Place some ice cubes into a glass and then sip away on this gorgeously sweet, yet slightly tart beverage. (It might be my favorite homemade lemonade flavor combo yet!). Sometimes my kids will even make a pitcher and set up a lemonade stand on the corner and it’s always a hit!
How To Make Peach Lemonade
Boil – Place one cup of water and the sugar into a medium sized saucepan and warm it up over a medium heat. While it’s heating, stir it occasionally to keep the sugar from burning. Bring everything to a boil and continue to stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set it aside and allow it to cool while you prep everything else.
Prep Peaches – Remove the pits from the peaches and then cut them into chunks. I left the skins on the peaches for some extra fiber but you can remove them if you prefer. Place them into a blender and puree them until they’re nice and smooth.
Lemonade – Pour the lemon juice into a large jug or pitcher and then place a sieve over the top of it. Pour the peach puree into the sieve and press it through with a spoon. Next, add in the sparkling or still water and then the slightly cooled sugar syrup and stir gently to combine.
Serve – Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour yourself a tall glass of this glorious peach lemonade! I like to top the glass with half a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint if desired. Sometimes I’ll drop in a peach slice or two into each glass for extra garnish.
Store – The peach lemonade will stay fresh in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Just give it a good stir before serving it if it has sat for a while.
More Flavor – If the peach flavor isn’t as strong as you would like, try adding a drop or two of peach extract to the jar. Using a little extract is an easy way to get the flavor exactly how you like it.
More Easy Lemonade Recipes
- Classic Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Raspberry Lemonade
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Fresh Cherry Lemonade Slush
- Strawberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt
Doesn’t this look delicious? Give it a try and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought.
Peach Lemonade Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 peaches, de stoned and cut into chunks
- Lemon slices , optional
- mint sprigs, optional
- Place 1 cup water and the sugar into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Leave to cool while you prep everything else.
- Place lemon juice into a large jug/pitcher, then place a sieve over the top of it. Place chunks of peach (I kept the skin on for some extra fibre, you can remove it if desired) into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the peach puree into the sieve and press through with a spoon.
- Add in the sparkling or still water and then the slightly cooled sugar syrup and stir gently to combine.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour yourself a glass of this glorious Peach Lemonade! Top the glass with half a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint if desired.