Waffle Omelets are simple to make and they taste fantastic! Kick your breakfast game up a notch with a fun new and easy way to eat your eggs!
The Best Way To Make Omelets
I love omelets. They’re hearty, healthy, and so versatile! You can literally mix any meat, cheese, fruit, or veggie with a couple of eggs and turn it into an amazing dish.
What I don’t love about omelets is making them. Flipping the eggs in the pan is so hard! I’ve tried various omelet-flipping techniques, but I’ve rarely been successful, so we usually end up eating scrambled eggs!
Enter egg waffles.
Did you know you can cook an omelet in a waffle iron? Simply mix your raw eggs with the toppings of your choice, then let your waffle iron do all the work. There’s no flipping (or cursing!) involved!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Your favorite omelet fillings
- Sausage crumbles
- Sliced meat
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Waffle Omelets
After making these the first time, you’re going to kick yourself for not thinking of making them this way sooner. Here’s how to do it.
Prep – Before you get started, you’ll want to chop the vegetables and other toppings into small pieces.
Eggs – You’ll start by beating the two eggs with a fork in a medium bowl.
Toppings – Next, you’ll add your favorite omelet toppings to the bowl. Gently mix everything until combined.
Pour – Make sure to spray the hot waffle iron with nonstick spray before making each omelet. Pour the egg mixture into the waffle iron and then use a wooden spoon to move the toppings around so they are evenly dispersed.
Cook – Then you’ll cook your omelet for several minutes or until the eggs are set to your liking.
Tip – I like to use a double waffle maker so I can get my family fed quickly.
Serve – Remove the omelet from the waffle iron and serve hot.
More Breakfast Recipes Using Eggs
- Croissant Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Eggs Benedict
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe
- Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
That’s it!!! So easy and so delicious! Here’s a printable recipe card to print for your convenience –
- 2 eggs
- your favorite omelet fillings
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add your favorite toppings to the bowl, and gently mix until combined.
- Spray the hot waffle iron with nonstick spray, then pour the egg mixture on top, using a wooden spoon to move the toppings around so they are evenly dispersed.
- Cook for several minutes until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Remove the egg from the waffle iron and serve hot.
- waffle iron