French Toast Waffles are an easy hot breakfast with crispy edges and a soft rich inside. Made in a waffle maker, this french toast recipe is a great way to get the best of both breakfast worlds! Ready in just a few minutes, these are a simple and quick breakfast that everyone will love.
My family absolutely LOVES breakfast foods, and since our weekday mornings are pretty hectic, we like to have “Breakfast for Dinner” quite often. Bacon Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Sandwiches, and our favorite Ham and Cheese Quiche seem to be on repeat, but these French toast waffles are definitely getting added to our rotation!
Easy French Toast Waffles Recipe
Last week I made a fabulous dish that combines two of our favorite breakfast foods – waffles and french toast. My entire family thought it was super yummy! Not only did it taste delicious, it was very simple to make and used ingredients that I keep on-hand. This recipe for french toast waffles is a keeper, I promise! In fact, making french toast in your waffle iron just might change the way you make your favorite breakfast foods forever!
How to Make French Toast In A Waffle Maker
- Spray your waffle maker (I love to use a Belgian waffle maker) with nonstick cooking spray and then let it preheat
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt
- Take a slice of bread (I love using Texas toast) and dip it in your egg mixture
- Place the bread in the waffle maker and then let it cook for about 4-5 minutes
- When they are golden brown and crispy, they are ready to eat
- Serve them with Buttermilk Syrup, fresh fruit or another delicious topping and a side of Bacon
Can You Freeze French Toast Waffles
Yes, you can definitely freeze these to eat later! In fact, since this recipe can easily be doubled (or tripled), I always make an extra batch of these and freeze them so they can eat these during the week before they go off to school. Once the waffles have completely cooled, place them in a large Ziploc freezer bag and then store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat them, you can warm them up in a toaster, the microwave or just eat them cold like my kids do.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Simple Waffle Recipe
- Cinnamon Syrup
- Pink Velvet Waffles
Easy French Toast Waffles Recipe
This easy recipe is a fun twist on a traditional breakfast that you’re going to love! Serve and enjoy with fresh fruit, powdered sugar or maple syrup. Leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked them and tag us on social media because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
How to Make French Toast Waffles
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 1-inch thick slices of 1-day old French bread or Texas Toast
- Coat your waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and preheat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, salt, vanilla & cinnamon.
- Dip a slice of bread in egg mixture and soak well. Place bread on hot waffle iron. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until light brown and crisped on top. Repeat procedure with the remaining bread.
Just made these for brinner yesterday. So delish.
LOL, thanks Aimee! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed them!
Oh I love quick recipes like these! Thanks!
My kids really loved it! Thank you for the recipe!
Thanks Toni, so glad they enjoyed them!
What a great idea to combine the two!! Two of my favorites! We could eat breakfast any time, any day!
Totally agree! We have these for dinner all the time!
Such a delicious twist on fluffy waffles! We loves this recipe.
This looks AMAZING! I have to get myself a waffle maker/iron!