These delicious and savory baked breakfast taquitos are so delicious! They’re loaded with eggs, cheese, and sausage, all wrapped in a crisp tortilla. Yum!
I just love eggs for breakfast! Some of my other favorite recipes are these Breakfast Casserole, Eggs Benedict and Breakfast Burrito recipes.
What could be better than a warm and cheesy taquito for breakfast? These delicious baked breakfast taquitos have a savory and cheesy egg and sausage filling, and a crisp tortilla shell. They’re so simple and quick to make, and the perfect make-ahead breakfast for a busy morning. It’s easy make a huge batch and have them in the freezer for those hectic mornings when there’s no time to make breakfast.
How To Make Breakfast Taquitos
Prep – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Eggs – Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs to the hot skillet and cook, folding over with a rubber spatula to scramble, until they are nearly done. Add salt and pepper to taste and then remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Taquito Prep – Divide the eggs evenly between the tortillas, arranging them in a line down the center of each tortilla. Divide the cheddar cheese between the tortillas. Add a sausage link to the center of each tortilla, then roll each one up. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
Cook – Bake the taquitos for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp. Serve them warm with a side of sour cream and salsa for dipping.
Store – Place any leftovers in a Ziploc bag and stick them in the fridge. They’ll stay good for about 5 days.
Make Ahead – If you want to make a bigger batch to keep them on hand for later, this recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or more! You can leave these in the freezer for about 2 months and just grab pull out what you need, when you need them.
Other Proteins – I made my taquitos with turkey breakfast sausage, but you could easily substitute pork sausage, bacon, or even sautéed vegetables. Just layer all of your ingredients in the center of each tortilla, then roll them up tightly. Bake until crisp, and then enjoy those melty, gooey, delicious taquitos!
Fresh Tortillas – There’s nothing better than a freshly made tortilla. If you have a little extra time, you should try using our Homemade Tortilla recipe with this recipe.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Sweet & Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Thick Belgian Waffle Recipe
- The Best Way To Cook Bacon
- Easy Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Taquitos Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, large size & beaten
- salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita sized
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 sausage links, pre-cooked breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking spray, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs to the hot skillet and cook, folding over with a rubber spatula to scramble, until nearly done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Divide the eggs evenly between the tortillas, arranging them in a line down the center of each tortilla. Divide the cheddar cheese between the tortillas. Add a sausage link to the center of each tortilla, then roll up. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp. Serve warm with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
I need all the easy breakfast ideas now! These were fantastic and I had plenty of them leftover to enjoy for the next few days.
I’m so glad I could help!
My family loves these! I like making them on Sunday and then reheat them throughout the week for breakfast.
I’m so glad you guys like them! I do the same thing…I make a big batch and then enjoy them all week long.