These delicious and savory baked breakfast taquitos are so delicious! They’re loaded with eggs, cheese, and sausage, all wrapped in a crisp tortilla. Yum!
What could be better than a warm and cheesy taquito for breakfast? These delicious baked breakfast taquitos have a savory and cheesy egg and sausage filling, and a crisp tortilla shell. They’re so simple and quick to make, and the perfect make-ahead breakfast for a busy morning. It’s easy make a huge batch and have them in the freezer for those hectic mornings when there’s no time to make breakfast.
I made my taquitos with turkey breakfast sausage, but you could easily substitute pork sausage, bacon, or even sautéed vegetables. Just layer all of your ingredients in the center of each tortilla, then roll them up tightly. Bake until crisp, and then enjoy those melty, gooey, delicious taquitos!
Baked Breakfast Taquitos
Ingredients for the taquitos –
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 8 fajita sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pre-cooked breakfast sausage links
- cooking spray
Directions to make the taquitos –
- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking spray, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs to the hot skillet and cook, folding over with a rubber spatula to scramble, until nearly done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Divide the eggs evenly between the tortillas, arranging them in a line down the center of each tortilla. Divide the cheddar cheese between the tortillas. Add a sausage link to the center of each tortilla, then roll up. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp. Serve warm with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
For more delicious breakfast recipes, check out some of our favorites below: