Get the best of both worlds with this deliciously simple guacamole recipe. This quick guacamole recipe is made with only 3 ingredients and can be ready to eat in under 5 minutes!
Our annual Super Bowl Party with friends is one of my family’s favorite traditions! My husband watches it for the game, I like the commercials, and the kids love an afternoon of playing with their friends.
While we all have our own reasons to be excited about the big game, one thing we all agree on is how much we love Super Bowl food! This quick and easy guacamole recipe is a favorite dip that makes an appearance at our parties year after year. It’s a versatile crowd pleaser that only takes 2 minutes from start to finish!
This 3-ingredient recipe is fast and tasty. Here’s how to make it.
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- AVOCADO – 1 fully ripened avocado, peeled and diced
- SALSA – You’ll need 1/4 cup of your favorite storebought or homemade salsa
- LIME – 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or bottled lime juice if you have that instead
- Make it Spicy – adjust the spiciness level by adding diced jalapeño pepper or serrano pepper
- Make it Chunky – add diced red onion, sliced black olives, Roma tomato
- Make it Savory – add crumbled bacon, salt, cumin, garlic, or cilantro
- Make it Sweet – add chopped mangoes or pineapple
- Make it Smooth – process the avocado with sour cream until smooth
MASH. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. You can mash it as much or as little as you’d like, depending on how chunky you want your guacamole to be.
If you are making this recipe for a crowd, you can mash the avocado with a potato masher in a medium bowl.
MIX. Stir in the salsa and then add the lime juice. Mix until combined.
SERVE. Add any optional ingredients, serve and enjoy!
Best Guacamole Recipe Serving Suggestions
Guacamole is the perfect party appetizer to put out with tortilla chips, spoon over a salad, or top grilled chicken or fish. Here are a few recipes that go great with this homemade guacamole –
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Stuffed Grilled Chicken
- Italian Garden Salad
- Taco Salad
- Breakfast Wraps
STORING SUGGESTIONS –
This homemade guacamole recipe will start to turn brown within the first couple of hours after mashing the avocado, so it’s best to eat it immediately, If you must save it, we recommend cover the top layer with lemon juice and wrapping the dish tightly with plastic wrap.
Fast Guacamole Recipe
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork. You can mash it as much or as little as you’d like, depending on how chunky you want your guacamole to be.
- Stir in the salsa and then add the lime juice. Mix until combined.
- Add any optional ingredients, serve and enjoy!