These stuffed grilled chicken breasts are the perfect summer meal! With a little bit of spice and a whole lot of flavor, this recipe is so easy to make on the grill!
Easy Stuffed Chicken
Grilling is definitely one of my favorite things about summer! When it’s too hot outside, I don’t want to heat up the kitchen by turning on the stove or the oven, so cooking on the grill is the way to go.
These spicy stuffed grilled chicken breasts are a new favorite dinner at our house! They are so savory and flavorful, with a delicious filling made of cheese and peppers. They’re also quick and easy to make and they’re made with just a few ingredients.
Here’s how to make them –
Ingredients You’ll Need
- CHICKEN – boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- DRESSING – Any Italian dressing is fine, but I like using Zesty Italian.
- CREAM CHEESE – softened
- CHEESE – Any cheese you have on-hand, shredded. I prefer pepper jack cheese.
- CHILIES – canned diced green chilies
- PEPPERS – canned jalapeños, chopped
How To Make Stuffed Grilled Chicken Breasts
SLICE CHICKEN – Slice the chicken lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through, to make a pocket in the chicken.
MARINATE – If you want your chicken to be extra flavorful and tender, marinate it in some Kraft Zesty Italian dressing for a few minutes or overnight.
MIX – Meanwhile, mix together some Philadelphia cream cheese, Kraft pepper jack cheese, green chilies, and jalapeños to make a delicious spicy filling. If you want the filling to be milder, you could use mild jalapeños and mild green chilies.
STUFF – Next comes the fun part – stuffing the cheese into the chicken! Spoon the cheese mixture into each of the chicken breasts, being careful not to overfill.
GRILL – From there, you’ll grill the chicken for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
SERVE – I served mine with some fresh diced tomatoes and jalapeños on top, which made for a festive and fun presentation.
Seriously, don’t they look delicious?
The best part, of course, is that spicy and cheesy filling. Yum! I am so looking forward to a summer full of grilling.
More Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Fajita Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Easiest Teriyaki Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Divan
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Stuffed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, medium & trimmed
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing, Kraft Zesty
- 8 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, Kraft shredded
- 1/4 cup green chilies, canned diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, canned & chopped
- Slice the chicken lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through, to make a pocket in the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a container or zipper bag, and pour the Italian dressing over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, pepper jack, green chilies, and jalapeños. Spoon the cheese mixture into each of the chicken breasts, being careful not to overfill.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the chicken 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.