This Stuffed Chicken Parmesan recipe is a delicious twist on one of my favorite dinner recipes. Take a tender piece of chicken, fill it with mouthwatering cheese, and top it with a Parmesan crust! This easy recipe will quickly become one of your favorite chicken recipes.
I’ve been making this Stuffed Chicken Parmesan recipe for years now – my family LOVES it! This easy recipe has all of the flavors of a classic chicken Parmesan dish wrapped around a melted cheese center. What’s not to love??? Not only does this chicken taste amazing, it is also super easy to make! Let’s get cooking!
Items Used To Make Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- A 9 x 13 baking pan
- My favorite kitchen knife
- Meat tenderizer
- Non-stick cooking spray
- My favorite all purpose cleaner to clean your counter
More Easy Parmesan Recipes
Tips For Making Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- My family likes as little spinach as possible but you can add as much as you like
- Be sure your chicken breast has been flattened to 1/4″ thick or less. If it’s thicker than this, the chicken will take longer to cook and can dry out the chicken and it won’t taste as good.
Other Tasty Chicken Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Easy Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Divan
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
How To Make Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
Following this easy recipe will yield six chicken breasts.
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 - 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained*
- 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- 6 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of crushed Ritz crackers about 10 - 12 crackers
- 1-1/2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
Heat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Pound your chicken to be 1/4 inch thick and set aside.*
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, the spinach, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese.
Set this bowl aside
In a shallow dish, beat the egg and set aside.
In a separate shallow dish, mix the remaining 3 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs and set aside.
Spread the cheese mixture onto each flattened piece of chicken.
Starting at the short end of each chicken breast, roll up the chicken tightly, securing with wooden toothpicks.
Dip each chicken roll in the egg, then roll in the crumb mixture, making sure each roll is evenly coated.
Place the chicken, seam sides down in your baking dish.
Bake for 30 min. or until chicken is no longer pink.
Remove the toothpicks and heat your pasta sauce.
Pour heated sauce on top of chicken and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT! Thick chicken doesn't taste as good in this recipe and it takes longer to cook.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe?
If so, I’d love to hear about it!
Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked this recipe.:)