This cheesy spinach chicken gnocchi is a simple and easy dinner that’s ready in less than thirty minutes! Made with fresh spinach and shredded chicken and cheese, it’s so delicious and the kids will love it too!
Serve this chicken gnocchi with some Roasted Vegetables on the side, and you’ve got an easy and filling meal that everyone will love! (This seriously might be my favorite gnocchi dishes ever!)
It’s totally that time of year right now, when spring is just around the corner, but winter still has a few tricks up its sleeve. One day it’s warm and sunny, the next day it’s freezing and rainy. I always have a hard time planning out my weekly menu, because I want something light when I’m feeling springy, and comfort food when it’s cold and miserable outside.
This spinach and chicken gnocchi is the perfect solution! The soft and pillowy gnocchi makes it comforting and cozy, while the light creamy sauce, lean chicken, and fresh spinach keep it light and reasonably healthy. My kids, who are not normally big fans of spinach, absolutely love it in this chicken gnocchi! And any day in which I can get them to eat spinach is a good day in my book. 🙂
Not sure how to say Gnocchi? It’s actually pronounced “noh-kee”. Are you also not sure what gnocchi actually is? It’s just a little dumpling made from potatoes or flour, or both!
How To Make It
This gnocchi can be on the table in less than thirty minutes, which makes it perfect for a busy night. Here’s how to make it.
The Gnocchi – Start by making the gnocchi according to the directions on the package. For this recipe, I used a 16 ounce bag.
The Sauce – Next, you’ll want to melt the butter in a saucepan and then whisk in the flour. Let that cook for about 2 minutes. Once it starts to turn brown and bubble, you’ll want to add slowly stir in the chicken broth. You’ll want to continuously stir it so no lumps form. Once it starts to thicken, slowly add in the milk. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens.
Chicken, Cheese & Spinach – Remove the skillet from the stove and then stir in the Parmesan cheese. Once the cheese has melted, put the skillet back on the stove and stir in the cooked chicken and spinach. Keep stirring and let it continue cookie until the chicken has been heated throughout. Serve hot and enjoy!
Make Ahead & Storage
Storage – This chicken gnocchi saves pretty well in the fridge and will stay good for about 5 days.
Make Ahead – I often make a double batch and portion out the leftovers for my husband’s lunches for the week. I like to use these little deli containers so they’re easy to grab and go. I also like to use a rotisserie chicken to save time making it. It really is such a quick and easy meal!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken & Mashed Potato Bowls
- Build Your Own Pasta Bar
Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you loved this chicken gnocchi recipe. Don’t forget to follow us on social media so you can try all of our latest recipe!
Spinach Chicken Gnocchi Recipe
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, then drain.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, and cook 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Let the sauce thicken slightly, then slowly whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Bring the mixture nearly to a simmer, and let thicken. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese, until melted. Return to the heat and stir in the cooked chicken and cooked gnocchi, until heated through. Stir in the baby spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Serve hot.