This cheesy chicken broccoli pasta casserole is the perfect recipe for a chaotic night. Made with pasta, tender chicken, broccoli and loads of delicious cheese, this casserole will quickly become one of your family’s favorite dinners!
This casserole is one of my favorite recipes to make because it is so easy to make. Some of my other favorite simple dinners are these Chili Cornbread Casserole, Stuffed Pepper Casserole and Tamale Pie recipes.
Baked Broccoli Chicken Pasta
This baked cheesy chicken and broccoli pasta recipe is another easy dinner dish my family absolutely loves. In fact, my kids actually cheer when I tell them we’re having this for dinner. While I would appreciate this enthusiasm on the nights I make something that’s a little more work than this but I’ll take what I can get.
This casserole is perfect for those busy nights when you’re shuttling children between all of their activities, or you get home late from work, and you just don’t have a lot of time to cook. It’s not exactly figure-friendly, but your taste buds are definitely going to love you!
How To Make Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- First, cook your favorite pasta according to the directions listed on the box
- Add the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta noodles
- Drain the pasta and return it back to the stove after adding the chicken broth and chicken
- Let simmer for 3 minutes
- Add HALF of the cream cheese and then cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and then remove the pot from the heat
- Spoon into the 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cubes of cream cheese over the casserole
- Cover with foil and then bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F
- After 10 minutes, add over the optional bread crumbs and any extra cheese and then back uncovered for an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted
Can You Freeze This Casserole
Yes, you can definitely make this broccoli and chicken pasta bake ahead of time and freeze it to be used later. Before freeze it, I will transfer the casserole over to a disposable baking tray, wrap it tightly with freezer-safe plastic wrap and then cover it with aluminum foil. You can freeze this meal for about 3 months but be sure to write the date you placed it in the freezer on the foil so you don’t forget how long it’s been in there.
When you’re ready to eat it, remove all of the wrap and then warm it in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated throughout. Once the middle of the casserole has reached 160 degrees F (you can use a kitchen thermometer to check), it’s ready to eat.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Chicken & Tomato Pasta Recipe
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Recipe
This recipe is so easy, you have to give it a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how it turned out or tag us on social media when you make it because we always love seeing you make one of our recipes!
Baked Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 16 oz Pasta noodles of your choice
- 14 oz Frozen broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups Cooked chicken, cubed
- 14.5 oz Chicken broth
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, cubed and divided
- 2 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Bread crumbs, optional
- Dried basil, optional
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In large pot over high heat, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min
- Drain and return to stove top
- Add chicken and chicken broth to the pot and simmer for 3 min
- Add 1/2 of the cream cheese
- Cook an additional 2 minutes or until cream cheese has melted
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and remove from heat
- Spoon into baking dish and add the remaining cubes of cream cheese scattered about the dish
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bread crumbs
- Bake uncovered for 3 additional minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken
- Sprinkle with dried basil then serve and enjoy!