BBQ chicken pasta is a perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Made using one pan, it’s easy to make and even easier to clean up.
One Pot Pasta Dinner
Weeknights at our house are always busy, especially now that school has started. And when after-school sports and activities begin, things will get even more hectic. Believe me, there are times when I would like nothing better than to just order out every night of the week, but that’s not practical or healthy.
Instead, my family and I have been practically living on one-dish meals lately. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but clean-up is super simple. In fact, the easy clean-up may just be my favorite part!
This easy cheesy BBQ chicken pasta dish cooks in one pan, and it’s ready in just 30 minutes — can’t beat that! The ingredients are simple too, and you probably already have them in the fridge or the pantry.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Pasta
Chicken – Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss them in your large frying pan. Next, brown the chicken in the olive oil and season it with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Pasta – Add the penne pasta and water to the pan. Cover everything and cook it on medium high heat until pasta is slightly soft and just about cooked through.
Sauce – Reduce the heat down to medium. Add the barbecue sauce, peas, corn and heavy cream to the pan and stir it until it’s fully blended.
Cheesy – Finally, before you take the bbq chicken pasta off the stove, stir in the shredded cheese and serve.
Recipe Tips & Storage
Chicken Shortcut – To make things easier, I usually use fresh chicken tenders, since they cook quickly and they’re easy to cut up. But, you can use any type of chicken with this dish.
Serving – I like to serve this one pan bbq chicken pasta with a small garden salad, but it’s filling enough on its own. Best of all, my picky eaters absolutely loved it. I hope yours will too!
More BBQ Chicken Recipes
- Easy BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Oven Bake Barbecue Chicken
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Barbecue Chicken Cheddar Roll Ups
- BBQ Cranberry Chicken Recipe
BBQ Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in olive oil, and season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add the penne pasta and water, cover and cook on medium high heat until pasta is slightly soft and almost cooked through
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the barbecue sauce, peas, corn and heavy cream
- Stir in the shredded cheese