BBQ chicken pasta is a perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Made using one pan, it’s easy to make and even easier to clean up.
Easy pasta dishes are my go-to when I need something simple. You should also try these delicious Chicken Tetrazzini, Pasta Bar and Homemade Mac & Cheese recipes.
One Pot Pasta Dinner
Weeknights at our house are always busy, especially now that school has started. And when after-school sports and activities begin, things will get even more hectic. Believe me, there are times when I would like nothing better than to just order out every night of the week, but that’s not practical or healthy.
Instead, my family and I have been practically living on one-dish meals lately. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but clean-up is super simple. In fact, the easy clean-up may just be my favorite part!
This easy cheesy BBQ chicken pasta dish cooks in one pan, and it’s ready in just 30 minutes — can’t beat that! The ingredients are simple too, and you probably already have them in the fridge or the pantry.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Pasta
Chicken – Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss them in your large frying pan. Next, brown the chicken in the olive oil and season it with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Pasta – Add the penne pasta and water to the pan. Cover everything and cook it on medium high heat until pasta is slightly soft and just about cooked through.
Sauce – Reduce the heat down to medium. Add the barbecue sauce, peas, corn and heavy cream to the pan and stir it until it’s fully blended.
Cheesy – Finally, before you take the bbq chicken pasta off the stove, stir in the shredded cheese and serve.
Recipe Tips & Storage
Chicken Shortcut – To make things easier, I usually use fresh chicken tenders, since they cook quickly and they’re easy to cut up. But, you can use any type of chicken with this dish.
Serving – I like to serve this one pan bbq chicken pasta with a small garden salad, but it’s filling enough on its own. Best of all, my picky eaters absolutely loved it. I hope yours will too!
More BBQ Chicken Recipes
- Easy BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Oven Bake Barbecue Chicken
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Barbecue Chicken Cheddar Roll Ups
- BBQ Cranberry Chicken Recipe
BBQ Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in olive oil, and season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add the penne pasta and water, cover and cook on medium high heat until pasta is slightly soft and almost cooked through
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the barbecue sauce, peas, corn and heavy cream
- Stir in the shredded cheese
This is a new family favorite! My boys gobbled it up!
This is a new family favorite! Everyone loved it!
Great family dinner! Everyone loved it, thanks so much!
So glad you guys loved it!