BBQ Chicken Wraps make a perfect lunch or dinner when you need something light and nutritious. They’re so tasty, you’ll want to go back for more!
I LOVE a good BBQ Chicken recipe, and when you couple the savory taste with some delicious peppers and onions, my taste buds start singing!
If you’re craving something flavorful, tender, and light for lunch, look no further than these BBQ Chicken Wraps. This meal is cooked entirely on the stove and can be ready to eat in just 10 minutes! They’re simple, tasty, and healthy, too!
Here’s how to make them –
Homemade BBQ Chicken Wraps
- bell peppers, cut into strips
- onion, thinly sliced
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- BBQ Sauce – make your own homemade bbq sauce, or use your favorite store-bought
- beans – use one can of your favorite: black beans, pinto beans, white beans, etc.
- warm tortillas – make your own regular flour tortillas or use your favorite store-bought
- shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings – fresh cilantro, diced tomato, iceberg lettuce, sour cream, etc.
Saute. Cook vegetables in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken & and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
Sauce. Stir in the barbecue sauce and beans; cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon. Spoon chicken mixture down centers of tortillas; top with cheese, tomato, cilantro, and any other toppings you’d like.
Serve. Roll up, cut in half & serve with ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping.
Store. Wrap any leftover chicken wraps in foil or plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Unwrap and reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute before serving.
If you want to use cooked chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken for these wraps, cook the veggies, then add the chicken with the beans and BBQ sauce.
More BBQ Chicken Recipes –
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
BBQ Chicken Wraps
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into strips
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 15.5 oz can of beans, drained (black or pinto)
- 10-12 soft-taco sized tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- diced tomato, chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Cook vegetables in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken & cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and beans; cook on medium heat 3 min. stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chicken mixture down centers of tortillas; top with cheese, tomato, and cilantro.
- Roll up, cut in half & serve warm.