BBQ chicken french bread pizza is one of our family’s favorite dinner recipes! Made with soft french bread with a crispy crust and topped with chicken, bacon, cheese, pineapple, and a savory BBQ sauce!
You can also enjoy delicious combination of BBQ sauce and chicken by trying these Baked BBQ Chicken, BBQ Chicken Tacos and BBQ Chicken Pasta recipes.
Homemade French Bread Pizza
My family LOVES homemade pizza, so we eat it in one form or another just about every week! I love experimenting with new pizza methods and flavors. This week I decided to mix things up and make pizza using french bread.
This BBQ chicken french bread pizza recipe is definitely one of our favorites. Those sweet flavors of pineapple and bbq sauce, mixed with cheese and onions is one of my favorites!
It takes only minutes to put together AND it makes my hungry family happy and satisfied. There’s nothing better than that, right? Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients You’ll Need
- French Bread – I just grab a fresh loaf from the grocery store bakery.
- BBQ Sauce – I like using Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce or a Homemade BBQ Sauce if I have a little extra time.
- Mozzarella – This cheese is my favorite but I’ll also use a blend if I have other cheese that needs to be used.
- Chicken – To make things simple I’ll just pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken and shred it.
- Bacon – This should be cooked before adding it to the pizza.
- Red onion – I prefer red but you can use a white one if you like.
- Pineapple – Canned pineapple is what I typically use but a fresh pineapple definitely tastes sweeter.
- Pickled jalapeños – These are optional if you like a little spice to your BBQ chicken pizza.
- Cilantro – I just sprinkle a little over the top of the pizza for garnish.
How To Make French Bread Pizza
Prep – Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. You’ll also want to line a baking sheet with foil or a baking mat. Place both halves of the french bread on top with the crust side down.
Toast – This is the key to keeping your french bread pizza from getting soggy. Put the bread in the oven for about 3-4 minutes until it has lightly toasted.
Sauce – Spread about 1/4 of a cup of BBQ sauce onto each side of the bread. If you add too much the pizza can get soggy. Next, sprinkle the cheese over the sauce and then set it aside.
Chicken – Toss your cooked shredded chicken in a bowl with the rest of the BBQ sauce. Mix it until the chicken is evenly coated and then sprinkle it over french bread.
Toppings – Add the bacon, red onion, and pineapple on top, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
Cook – Bake the french bread pizza for about ten minutes or until cheese has melted and chicken is warm.
Garnish – Top your BBQ chicken pizza with pickled jalapenos and cilantro. Slice the French bread pizza into slices and then serve!
The best part about French bread pizza is that you can mix up the toppings to be anything you want. Here are a few of our family’s favorite pizza toppings to try.
- Classic pepperoni
- 5 cheese pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar, ricotta and feta
- Meat lovers with bacon, sausage, pepperoni, salami and chicken
- Hawaiian with pineapple and ham
- Buffalo chicken with ranch dressing drizzled over the top
More Easy Pizza Recipes
- 20 Minute Focaccia Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Bites
- Apple Cheddar Bacon Pizza
- Grilled Cheese Pizza Dippers
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of French bread – cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- pickled jalapenos, optional
- cilantro – chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place both halves of the french bread on top, crust side down.
- Toast the bread in the oven for about 3-4 minutes or just until the bread starts to turn brown.
- Spread 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on the bread, using 1/4 cup on each side. Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce, then set aside.
- Toss your shredded chicken in a small mixing bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. Mix well until evenly coated, then spoon over each loaf.
- Add the bacon, red onion, and pineapple on top, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for about ten minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is warm.
- Top with pickled jalapenos and cilantro and you’re good to go!
This barbecue chicken pizza is definitely going in our menu rotation. It’s so easy and makes a great and easy weeknight meal!
Such a fantastic recipe! Definitely one of my family’s favorite dinners.
This recipe looks delicious! I think my son will LOVE it…can’t wait to give it a try. 🙂
This looks great!
Steph, I love BBQ Pizza and this looks sooooo yummy I might have to make this for dinner tonight!!!
That looks so delicious!
I’d love to have you share this and/or any other recipe at Wednesday Extravaganza – A Foodie Link Party! Hope to see you there 🙂
Looks delicious, pinned! Followed you here from Pinterest. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by Kristen! I hope you’re doing well! 🙂