This Chicken Divan recipe is a family favorite in our home. It is super simple to make and it tastes delicious!!! Loaded with juicy chicken and fresh broccoli, this recipe is one that everyone will love!
Easy Chicken Divan Recipe
This recipe for chicken divan is one of my mother-in-law’s claim to fame! My husband used to ask her to make for his birthday every year when he was still living at home and he still requests it when we visit her home a few times a year. My kids now love it and squeal with delight when I tell them it happens to be on the menu.
The creamy sauce with the moist chicken and soft broccoli is literally mouth-watering good. And don’t even get me started on the crispy layer of cheese that’s on top. Yum!
I just love how simple this recipe is. It takes only a few easy ingredients that you probably already have on hand to make a delicious dinner. You’ll need the following:
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Frozen broccoli
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
How To Make Chicken Divan
Fill The Pan – To make chicken divan, you’ll start by laying the chicken breasts on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Next, pour the frozen broccoli all around the chicken.
The Sauce – Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, mayo and sour cream. If you want, you can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a quarter teaspoon of curry for extra flavor. It tastes amazing without it, so it’s purely optional depending on your preference. Finally, pour the sauce over the top of chicken and broccoli.
Topping – Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the entire pan. If you have the time, grab a block of cheddar cheese and freshly grate it. Otherwise, the pre-shredded cheese works great too. I just think there’s just something about freshly grated cheese that’s extra delicious.
Optional Topping – You can top your chicken divan with an optional cornflake topping, if desired. Simply melt the butter and mix it with a half a cup of crushed cornflakes. Then sprinkle it over the top of the cheese for a little extra crunch with each bite.
Cook – Bake the chicken divan at 350 degrees F for about 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Serve – Lastly, invite me over to eat dinner with you, and you’re done! 🙂
Serving Chicken Divan
My favorite way to serve this chicken divan recipe is over a bed of rice. Simply make a batch of your favorite rice recipe and lay a piece of chicken on top and smother it in the creamy divan sauce. The extra sauce from the pan combined with some rice is amazingly delicious!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Baked Italian Dressing Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Chicken and Mashed Potato Bowls
- Easy Garlic Chicken Recipe
Here is the simple recipe, along with a video showing how to make this easy dinner.
Chicken Divan Recipe
- 1 small bag frozen broccoli
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into cutlet-sized pieces
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1-2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted mixed with 1/2 c. crushed corn flakes
- 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice & 1/4 tsp. curry
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay chicken on the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish, then place broccoli all around the chicken.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the soup, mayo and the sour cream. (Add optional spices above if you'd like)
- Pour the sauce on top of chicken and broccoli, and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Lastly, add the optional corn flake topping, if desired.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Doesn’t this look delicious?