This crispy baked Italian dressing chicken is not only delicious, it is also super easy to make! It is prepared using only 3 ingredients that you already have on hand. Marinated in Italian dressing, this simple chicken recipe is bursting with flavor!
I love to serve this delicious chicken dinner with easy side dishes that don’t take long to make. Some of my favorites are these Garlic Mashed Potatoes, a fresh Spinach Salad or healthy serving of Roasted Vegetables.
Italian Dressing Chicken
Usually the word “crispy” in a recipe usually means fried and fatty, but this time it couldn’t be any further from the truth! Today we are baking this Italian dressing chicken and the result is a crispy, tasty exterior with a moist, flavorful inside. Your taste buds aren’t gonna know what hit them!
This is one of those recipes where the entire dish is always consumed and everyone leaves the dinner table with a smile on their face. I love when something so simple gets such great reviews!
How To Make Italian Dressing Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour the Italian dressing into the casserole pan and coat the entire bottom of the pan
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are approximately 1/4 of an inch thick
- Dip each breast into a bowl filled with Italian dressing
- In a separate bowl, roll the chicken in potato flakes
- Place the chicken breasts in the casserole dish
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F
Tip For Making Baked Italian Chicken
- Marinate – Marinate your chicken in the Italian dressing overnight. I usually take the chicken out of the freezer in the night before and just place it in the fridge inside a casserole dish filled with Italian dressing. This way it defrosts and marinates at the same time.
- Not Too Flaky – Be careful not to coat the chicken breasts with too many potato flakes or that’s all you will taste. You just want enough to give the chicken a nice crunchy taste.
Storage & Reheating
Refrigerator – Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for at least 5 days. Just be sure to keep the chicken in an airtight container.
Freezer – I wouldn’t recommend freezing the chicken after it has been baked because the crispy potato flakes will turn out soggy after reheating them. You can freeze the chicken in the Italian dressing to give it a little extra time to marinate and then cook according to the directions above. If you freeze the chicken with the dressing, I would use it within a month.
Items Used To Make Baked Italian Chicken
- A 9 x 13 casserole dish – I love my Pyrex dishes
- Meat tenderizer
- Mixing bowl
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Chicken Divan
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Italian Dressing Chicken Recipe
This chicken recipe really is as easy as it looks and it’s one of our family’s favorites. Leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked it. We also love seeing you make one of our recipes, so tag us on social media the next time you’re whipping something up in the kitchen.
Italian Dressing Chicken Recipe
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Dressing
- Instant Potato Flakes
- Fresh parsley flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with some Italian Dressing.
- Pound your chicken until it is about 1/4 thick.
- Dip your chicken into a bowl of Italian dressing, then roll it in a bowl of instant potato flakes. (Don’t coat your chicken with too many potatoes or it will be all you taste!)
- Place chicken in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from over and sprinkle with fresh parsley flakes, optional.