these light and fluffy homemade dinner rolls are easily made from SCRATCH and taste AMAZING! they only take 30 minutes to make, so they can be ready in no time!
These dinner rolls are a perfect compliment for almost any dinner. We love serving a warm batch of them with one of our favorite turkey recipes, meatloaf, or dipping one in a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Nothing is better than homemade bread, am I right?
As much as I love cooking dinner for my family, I’ve never been great at baking. I do fine with recipes where measurements aren’t important – a dash of this, a pinch of that – those are my jam. But baking? Those recipes have to be exact and I don’t do well with those.
Which is why making homemade bread has always been SUPER intimidating for me. Actually, all recipes with yeast intimidate me. (Too many failed attempts over the years or something.) But a few years ago, my friend mentioned a “fail-proof dinner roll recipe” that was not only delicious, it was also easy and fast.”
I was hesitant, but intrigued, and so I gave it a try.
Best Dinner Rolls Recipe
You guys, they are fantastic.
I love them, my husband and kids love them. Our Thanksgiving guests loved them. (Yep. I even served them at Thanksgiving!!) These rolls kind of remind me of a Hawaiian Roll – more dough-y than fluffy, and sort of sweet too!
This recipe has become my go-to roll recipe (ok, it’s my only roll recipe!) and I am here to say that if I can make these, you can too! You can make them every day and have a delicious-smelling home all.the.time.
And technically they take just over 30 minutes from start to finish with the rise and bake time (35 minutes, to be exact), but the result is a perfect homemade batch of dinner rolls that tastes just like you’d been slaving in the kitchen all day.
How To Make Homemade Dinner Rolls
Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Let the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
Mix 2 cups of the flour with the salt and the egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook.
Continue mixing while adding the remaining 1½ cups flour, ½ cup at a time.
Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9x13 pan.
Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
To Make Homemade Dinner Rolls You’ll Need
- Any stand mixer. I use a KitchenAid mixer but any brand will work great!
- A 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- A glass measuring cup and measuring spoons.
Tips For Making The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls
- When making these dinner rolls be sure to roll the 12 balls of dough you place into your baking pan into equal sizes. This will ensure that they cook evenly. If you are not comfortable with “eye-balling” them, you can use a kitchen scale to measure out each one.
- If your rolls end up burning on the bottom, your baking pan may be too close to the heating element in your oven. Try raising the rack inside the one level up.
- After you’re done making these dinner rolls, be sure to top them with delicious whipped honey butter, blueberry butter or a seasonal pumpkin honey butter.
Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls.
Quick Dinner Rolls.
Delicious Dinner Rolls in 30 minutes.
Give them a try and let me know how much you LOVE them!