These garlic parmesan dinner rolls are so light and fluffy, and easy to make! Ready in an hour, you can serve these anytime you want!
Easy 1 Hour Rolls
Oh, man, I love a good roll recipe! And this one is definitely a keeper. These garlic parmesan one hour rolls are not only super quick to make, they’re also light and fluffy and so delicious. There’s just something about a hot fluffy roll with a dusting of garlic and parmesan. They’re perfect for those days when you realize late in the afternoon that you need a tasty side for dinner.
Don’t let the fact that they’re made with yeast scare you. These are pretty much foolproof! I’ve tried a lot of one hour roll recipes, but these are the only ones I’ve tried that have such a fantastic texture. The garlic parmesan topping adds so much delicious flavor, too! We ate our rolls with some homemade Baked Potato Soup and they were so good! You should definitely give them a try!
How To Make Parmesan Garlic Rolls
Prep The Yeast – In a large bowl dissolve the yeast and sugar into some warm water. Let the yeast sit for about five minutes until it gets foamy.
Make The Dough – First, you’ll want to throw the melted butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour into a bowl. Give everything a good mix until all of the ingredients have fully combined. Next, add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. Just be careful not to add too much flour.
It Kneads It – Knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes, until it’s nice and smooth. Cover it up and let the bread dough rise for 20 minutes.
Baking Prep – Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and then line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper. You can also use some cooking spray if you prefer. Once the dough has risen, gently punch it down and divide into 20 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and space evenly in the prepared pan.
Garlic Parmesan Topping – Using a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter with the garlic powder, basil, and parsley. Brush this delicious mixture over the rolls and then sprinkle them with some parmesan cheese. Let the rolls rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Bake – Cook the garlic parmesan rolls for about 15 minutes or until they’re a beautiful golden brown color on top. Let them cool until they’re safe to handle and then enjoy them!
Other Garlic & Parmesan Recipes
- Parmesan Garlic Turkey Cutlets
- Baked Garlic & Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Smooth Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Soft Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Bites
Garlic Parmesan Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour, more or less as needed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand for five minutes, or until foamy.
- Add two tablespoons melted butter, salt, and 3 cups of flour, and mix until combined. Add additional flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch (be careful not to add too much flour!). Knead 3-5 minutes, until smooth. Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Gently punch the dough down and divide into 20 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and space evenly in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter with the garlic powder, basil, and parsley. Brush the butter mixture over the rolls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and let rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving and enjoy!