These taco stuffed pasta shells have been a family favorite for nearly 15 years!
I found this recipe for Taco-Stuffed Pasta Shells in a magazine when I was newly married and it is hands-down one of my family’s very favorite dinners, even after all these years! My kids eat it like it’s going out of style, in fact, I have to make TWO dishes because our family of seven nearly polishes off every last shell! The leftovers (if any) are also amazing, so I never worry about making too much! I just love finding something that my kids love to eat!
Here is the recipe –
Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
Pasta Shells Ingredients:
- 1 box of dried jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions, rinsed and drained
- ground beef, 1 lb
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – divided
- 1 jar chunky salsa – divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Sour cream (optional)
How to Make Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/4 cup salsa over bottom of casserole dish.
- Cook beef in large skillet until brown; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well.
- Fill pasta shells with beef mixture; place on baking dish, filled side up.
- Spoon remaining salsa over shells; top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream.
How good does this look?
Let us know how you like it in the comments below!
This recipe first published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009