These Enchilada Lasagna Rolls have all the great flavors of a classic chicken enchilada recipe, but we’re ditching the tortillas and wrapping the filling inside some lasagna noodles… and the result is simply delicious!
Today we’re putting an Italian twist on one of my favorite Mexican dishes! One of the things I love most about these enchilada lasagna rolls is how simple they are to put together. It calls for only 4 ingredients that are easy to keep on-hand, which makes for a stress-free weeknight dinner that is ready in no-time at all!
If you have a favorite enchilada recipe, by all means, use it for the filling of this recipe! Here is our favorite semi-homemade enchilada recipe, including the only brand of store-bought sauce I will ever buy!
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
How to Make Enchilada Lasagna
To make Enchilada Lasagna Rolls, drizzle some enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole pan. Add a couple heaping spoonfuls of enchilada mixture to the end of a lasagna noodle, then roll it up! Place the lasagna roll seam side down in your casserole dish and repeat until your dish is full (about 10 rolls). Cover with more sauce, sprinkle with cheese, then bake for 20 minutes!
Here are a few more enchilada recipes you’re sure to love –
Enchilada Lasagna Rolls
Enchilada Lasagna Rolls
- 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 large can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- green onion, diced tomatoes & sour cream for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool enough so you can handle them.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in a 13 x 9 casserole dish to coat the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, 2 cups of cheese and about half of the remaining enchilada sauce. Mix until combined.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on one end of a lasagna noodle, then roll the noodle and place seam-side down in the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the lasagna rolls, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are heated through.
- Garnish with desired toppings, serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite enchilada recipe? Leave me a comment below – I’d love to hear all about it!
Happy cooking everyone!
This post was featured on Cute Girls Hairstyles in 2016.
My family loved these rolls! They already asked me to make them again. Thank you for the recipe!
You bet! So glad everyone loved them.
I LOVE how easy and delicious this is!! Perfect for weeknights!
So easy and delicious! I just love this twist on two of my favorite meals!
I’m so glad to hear you loved it!