This white chicken chili recipe goes together in a snap, and it’s so full of flavor that no one will guess it only took a few minutes to make.
With simple ingredients that don’t require any prep, you can have this delicious white chicken chili on the table in 20 minutes!
Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-16 oz jar salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (12.5 oz) can chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (fresh or jarred)
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- tortilla chips, diced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream – optional toppings
- Add the chicken broth, beans, salsa verde, cumin, chicken and garlic to a stock pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it boils, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cream.
- Enjoy the soup as is, or top with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips and diced avocado!
- The salsa gives it a nice kick, but it’s not too spicy, as determined by my 70-something year old neighbor. It adds amazing flavor!
- Great Northern beans (which are white chili beans) and Cannellini beans (which are white kidney beans) are interchangeable in this recipe. I chose Great Northern because they were on sale.
- If you are using jarred minced garlic, use 1 tsp to equal 2 cloves.
- You can substitute 1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, for the canned chicken.
20 Minute White Chicken Chili is the perfect answer to the age-old question “What’s for dinner?”