White Chicken Chili is so full of flavor – no one will ever guess that it only took a few minutes to make!
Cooler weather means it’s time to start serving delicious soups for dinner… and my family isn’t sad about it one bit! Here are a few of our go-to soup recipes that my family LOVES – Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, Easy Split Pea Soup, Crock Pot Taco Soup, and Chicken Broccoli Tortellini Soup.
We’ve all had the classic bowl of chili with ground beef and kidney beans in a tomato-based broth, but if you haven’t tried the white chicken version, you are in for a delicious treat!
White Chicken Chili is a creamy broth packed with delicious chicken and hearty white beans. It comes together in a snap and tastes even better when you load up on some fresh toppings – shredded cheese, diced avocado… really any of your favorite taco toppings go great with this soup!
My family usually devours the entire pot of this soup, but if you find yourself with leftovers, it makes a great lunch the next day too!
White Chicken Chili Ingredients
With simple ingredients that don’t require any prep, you can have this delicious white chicken chili on the table in 20 minutes!
- Chicken broth – I use 4 cups of store-bought broth, but if you want to make your own, I’m sure it will be even tastier!
- Great Northern Beans – Cannellini beans will work great too!
- Jar of Salsa – I use Salsa Verde, but I’ve tried mild red salsa before and it tastes great too!
- Cumin – this makes the flavor even more rich!
- Chicken -I love using rotisserie chicken because it’s flavorful and so easy, but you can use canned chicken, or whatever you might have leftover in your fridge.
- Minced Garlic – you can use fresh or jarred.
- Half + Half – you could also use heavy cream
- Desired toppings – cheddar cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro etc.
Here is the simple recipe –
20 Minute White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1-16 oz jar salsa verde green salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 12.5 ocan chicken (or you can use 2 cups of rotisserie chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced (fresh or jarred)
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- tortilla chips diced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream - optional toppings
Add the chicken broth, beans, salsa verde, cumin, chicken and garlic to a stock pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it boils, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat and stir in the cream.
Enjoy the soup as is, or top with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips and diced avocado!
The salsa gives it a nice kick, but it's not too spicy, as determined by my 70-something year old neighbor. It adds amazing flavor!