This dip is one of my family’s favorite appetizers to serve at a party or while watching the big game. Some of my other favorite appetizer recipes are these Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Grape Jelly Meatballs or a bag of tortilla chips with my famous Homemade Salsa.
Easy Chili Cream Cheese Dip
I’ve known my husband’s family since 1995 and I can’t think of a Super Bowl party or big get-together where this chili cream cheese dip wasn’t one of the appetizers that was served! I think it is known to be my brother-in-law’s favorite appetizer, but I don’t know of a single person who doesn’t absolutely love it!
It is SUPER delicious and so simple to make. All you need is 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time. The result is a warm creamy dip for your chips that your family and friends are sure to love!
It is tradition in our family to serve this chili dip with Fritos Scoops, but I’ve also served them with regular tortilla chips and it was just as big of a hit! I mean, what’s not to love about a pot of warm chili and cream cheese goodness?
Ingredients In Chili Cream Cheese Dip
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes the following two simple ingredients to make this amazing appetizer:
- Cream Cheese
Tips For Making Cream Cheese and Chili Dip
- I love the smooth and creamy texture of this dip, so I only use bean less chili. My favorite brand of chili to use is Hormel Chili with no beans.
- Don’t use a reduced fat cream cheese to make this dip. Using a lower fat cream cheese just isn’t as flavorful to me.
- If you want a little extra flavor, sprinkle a few diced tomatoes and chopped green onions on top of the dip
- This dip is best serve warm so once it’s been warmed up on the stove top, transfer the dip to a mini slow cooker and keep it on low to serve.
How To Store Chili Dip With Cream Cheese
If you have any left over, place the remaining dip in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for about 5 days. When you’re ready to use it, just put it back in a small sauce pan and warm it up on the stove. I like to store them in multiple small deli containers and then just grab one and put it in the microwave for a quick snack.
More Easy Dips Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Chili Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
And here is the recipe for this easy chili cream cheese dip along with a quick video showing how to make it:
Best Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 cans, 7.5 oz chili without beans
- 1 pkg., 8oz cream cheese
- corn chips
- diced tomatoes and sliced green onions for garnish, optional
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. In a small saucepan over medium/high heat, add both cans of chili and the cream cheese.
- Heat until cream cheese is melted and chili is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, pour into serving tray and garnish with tomatoes and onions. Serve with chips and enjoy!
It doesn’t get any easier (or more delicious!) than that!