Anyone looking for an EASY Banana Bread recipe? You’ve come to the right place!
I’ve made several banana bread recipes in my life and this one has officially replaced all others! I first made it years ago for brunch with some friends, and not only did it get rave reviews, it was also super simple to make! This banana bread recipe doesn’t call for any strange ingredients, in fact I usually have everything on-hand. (No need to run to the store for buttermilk – yay!) It is moist and DELICIOUS, and I’m thinking you should totally bookmark it for the next time you find yourself with bananas that are too ripe! (You can thank me later!)
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is only one of our delicious bread recipes. Check out the others we’ve made:
This recipe was originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!