This Pretzel Crusted Banana Bread Brownies recipe is the definition of ooey, gooey goodness. You can’t go wrong with a sweet/salty flavor combination – am I right?!
Chocolate Brownies are my love language. Milky Way Brownies, Mint Brownies, Cookie Dough Brownies – fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes it 100% impossible for me to pass up every.time. These banana bread brownies are a delicious variation that needs to happen in your home this week!
I can’t think of a better way to start your week than by whipping up a batch of these Banana Bread Brownies. A crunchy pretzel crust with a fudgy banana brownie topped with the most heavenly hazelnut chocolate ganache ever created. These brownies are absolute heaven in a pan!
Where are my Nutella lovers at??
As if the pretzel crust and fudgy brownie wasn’t enough – the ganache on top of these brownies is made AMAZING thanks to a jar of Nutella. Yes, an entire jar of Nutella! (I know, I didn’t think you would mind!)
Here is the delicious recipe –
Pretzel Crusted Banana Bread Brownies
Let us know if you make these brownies by leaving us a comment below, or by tagging us on social media!
A crunchy pretzel crust with a fudgy banana brownie topped with the most heavenly hazelnut chocolate ganache ever created. These banana bread brownies are absolute heaven in a pan!
for the crust –
- 3 cups pretzels
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
for the brownies –
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coffee, prepared
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the ganache
- 13 oz. Nutella
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large food storage bag, add pretzels and seal. Crush into small pieces with rolling pin or heavy spoon.
- Add pretzel crumbs to 9×13 pan and drizzle with 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir to combine and then press onto bottom of pan to form crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter. Stir in cocoa, coffee, sugar, vanilla, banana and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter on top of pretzel crust and carefully spread to edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brownies are set.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- In medium bowl, add Nutella and whipping cream and microwave for one minute.
- Whisk together and then spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours prior to serving. The longer the brownies are refrigerated, the more set the ganache will be.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Melanie is the delicious food blogger from Melanie Makes. She loves to make everyday eats a bit more interesting, and believes that every dessert can be made better with chocolate ganache! Melanie was a food contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2014.