A crunchy pretzel crust under a fudgy banana brownie topped with the most heavenly hazelnut chocolate ganache ever created. These Pretzel Crusted Brownies are absolute heaven in a pan!
If you love brownies as much as we do, be sure to check out our list of 25 Favorite Brownie Recipes!
Sweet & Salty Brownies
Chocolate Brownies are my love language. Milky Way Brownies, Mint Brownies, Cookie Dough Brownies – fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes it 100% impossible for me to pass up every. time.
These pretzel brownies are a delicious variation that needs to happen in your home this week! They are deliciously fudgy on top, with a salty pretzel crust that’s simply amazing!
Ingredients You’ll Need
for the crust –
- pretzels + melted butter
for the brownies –
- mashed banana
- baking powder
for the ganache
- Nutella + heavy whipping cream
- crushed pretzels, to sprinkle on top when the pretzels are cooled
How To Make Pretzel Crusted Brownies
Prep – Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Next, place the pretzels in a large bag and seal it. Then crush them into small pieces with a rolling pin or heavy spoon.
Crust Prep – What makes these brownies amazing, is the pretzel crust. To make it, add the pretzel crumbs to a 9×13 pan and drizzle 5 tablespoons melted butter over the top.
Flatten – Stir the butter and pretzels together to combine and then press everything onto the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Then set the pan aside.
Brownies – Now it’s time to make the brownies. Grab a large bowl, melt the butter, then stir in cocoa, water, sugar, vanilla, banana, and eggs. Then, stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
Spread – Pour the brownie batter on top of pretzel crust and carefully spread to edges forming an even layer on top.
Cook – Bake the pretzel brownies for about 20-25 minutes or until they have set. Then let the brownies completely cool.
Topping – Now it’s time to make the delicious topping. Using a medium bowl, add in the Nutella and whipping cream and then microwave it for about a minute.
Spread – Whisk everything together until it’s completely mixed and then spread it on top of cooled brownies.
Chill – Refrigerate the pretzel brownies for about 4 hours prior to serving. The longer the brownies are refrigerated, the more set the ganache will be.
Serve – Sprinkle with crushed pretzels, and ENJOY! Here is the printable recipe card for your convenience.
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Best Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Easy Cake Mix Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- Toasted Coconut & Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Caramel & Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Pretzel Crusted Brownies
for the crust –
- 3 cups pretzels
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
for the brownies –
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large food storage bag, add pretzels and seal. Crush into small pieces with a rolling pin or heavy spoon.
- Add pretzel crumbs to 9×13 pan and drizzle with 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir to combine and then press onto the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter. Stir in cocoa, water, sugar, vanilla, banana, and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter on top of pretzel crust and carefully spread to edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set. Let the brownies cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, add Nutella and whipping cream and microwave for one minute.
- Whisk together and then spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours prior to serving. The longer the brownies are refrigerated, the more set the ganache will be.
- Sprinkle with crushed pretzels, and ENJOY!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Melanie is the delicious food blogger from Melanie Makes. She loves to make everyday eats a bit more interesting, and believes that every dessert can be made better with chocolate ganache! Melanie was a food contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2014.