These soft and tender peppermint cheesecake cookies have an amazing cheesecake flavor, and the perfect hint of peppermint!
Cheesecake Christmas Cookies
Of all the holiday foods, I think I look forward to the holiday cookies the most! Cookies are my perfect food: they’re small, they’re cute, they come in every flavor imaginable, and they’re the perfect serving size. (Let’s just ignore the fact that I can never just eat one cookie, shall we?)
These peppermint cheesecake cookies combine two of my favorite holiday flavors, and they are totally delicious! I’ve been seeing delicious cheesecake cookies floating around on Pinterest, but I decided to jazz them up with a little peppermint flavor and a tasty glaze, along with a sprinkle of crushed candy cane.
They’re fun and festive, and perfect for sharing with friends or bringing to a holiday party!
How To Make Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
Prep – Before you get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Cream It – Start by beating the butter and cream cheese together in a bowl until it has a light and fluffy texture.
More Ingredients – Next, you’ll want to mix in the sugar, vanilla, peppermint and eggs with the butter mixture until everything has completely combined.
Remaining Ingredients – Finally, add in the baking powder, flour and salt to the bowl and continue mixing until fully blended.
Scoop – Form small balls with about a tablespoon and and a half of dough. They should be about two inches wide and then space them out evenly on your baking sheet.
Cook – Bake your peppermint cheesecake cookies for about 12 minutes. When they’re done they should be a beautiful golden brown color on the bottom.
Cool – While the cookies are cooling, it’s time to make the peppermint glaze.
Glaze – Start by whisking the melted butter together with the powdered sugar. Then mix in the peppermint and food coloring until it has all blended together.
Drizzle – You’ll want to add enough milk so the icing is thin enough to drizzle. I used about a teaspoon. Then drizzle the icing over your cheesecake cookies and enjoy!
Consistency – The cookie dough is a little stickier than a typical cookie dough, but it holds together well while it bakes, and forms lovely pillowy peppermint cookies.
Scooping – I used a cookie scoop to make things easier and to ensure that all my cookies were the same size.
More Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Quick & Easy Christmas Crack Toffee
- Santa Claus Hat Cupcakes
- Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Funfetti Christmas Cookies
- Sugar Cone Christmas Trees
These cookies have the perfect soft and tender texture, and the combination of cheesecake and peppermint is delicious. They are definitely my new favorite holiday cookies! Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think.
Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
for the cookies:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the topping:
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 – 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract, and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making scoops that are approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Bake 11-13 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Remove and let cool completely.
- When the cookies have cooled, whisk together the melted butter and powdered sugar. Add the peppermint extract and red food coloring, and mix to combine. Add enough milk to thin the glaze to a drizzling consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies and sprinkle with the crushed candy cane.