These Christmas blossom cookies are a fun and delicious way to spread some holiday cheer! Made with your favorite sugar cookie dough, Christmas decorations and a Hershey’s Kiss, these cookies are irresistible!
In our home, the holiday season is baking season. I love all of the fun twists on classic recipes you can make during this time of year – Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge, Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies, Waffle Cone Christmas Trees and more! These Christmas Blossom Cookies are a fun way to get into the holiday spirit! They are bright and colorful, and super easy to make!
Easy Christmas Cookies
I’m not sure what bug bit me this holiday season, but I am baking more this year than ever before! Yesterday the kids and I were in the mood for some cookies, but I wasn’t in the mood to go to the store, so we were limited in making something that we already had the ingredients for.
I needed something easy, but something the kids could have fun with. These Christmas blossom cookies were perfect. They look fancy, but they are simple, festive and they are delicious! They only take minutes to prepare so they’ll be ready to serve in no time!
How To Make Christmas Blossoms
Dough – The first thing you’ll need to make is the sugar cookie dough. You can make your own dough, or buy some store-bought dough (no judging here!) If using store-bought, I prefer using the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix that comes in a bag – it just tastes the best to me. If you’re looking for a homemade version, here is my favorite homemade Sugar Cookies.
Decorate Them – Next, roll your sugar cookie dough into festive sprinkles or colored sugars to give your blossoms their Christmas look.
Bring The Heat – Bake the Christmas cookie blossoms according to cookie dough package or the recipe’s directions.
Hershey’s Kiss – As soon as you pull them out of the oven, add a Hershey’s kiss to the center of each cookie. You can use regular chocolate Kisses or the white chocolate Hugs. You can also get even more festive and use some of the holiday flavors that are in stores this time of year. If you need a recommendation, the peppermint ones are delicious!
More Easy Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Easy Melted Snowman Cookies
- Shortbread Christmas Cookies
- Funfetti Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
Don’t forget to leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked them. We’d also love to see your holiday cookie creations. Snap a picture of your Christmas cookie blossoms and tag us on social media so we can see all of the beautifully decorated cookies you made. Happy holidays!
Christmas Blossom Cookies Recipe
- 1 package Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix, ingredients called for on cookie mix pouch.
- 3 tablespoons colored sugar
- 36 Hershey's® Kisses® Brand chocolates, (any variety) unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, make dough as directed on pouch.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in colored sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately press candy kisses in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with some hot cocoa and enjoy!