Candy cane cookie bars are a delicious treat to enjoy during the holiday season. They have the perfect blend of peppermint and chocolate and are simply irresistible.
Peppermint Cookie Bars
One of my favorite things to enjoy during the winter is a mug of hot chocolate with a candy cane dipped inside. I just love that delicious chocolate and peppermint combo!
Also, I am mildly obsessed with Christmas traditions and most of my favorites include treats chock full of butter and sugar. To combine my love of traditions and delicious peppermint hot cocoa, I came up with these candy cane cocoa cookie bars.
They’re soft and gooey in the center with a hint of sweet peppermint, these are a perfect addition to any holiday party.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Candy cane hot cocoa mix
- Baking soda
- White chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
How To Make Candy Cane Cookie Bars
Dry Ingredients – To make these delicious candy cane cookie bars, you’ll start by mixing most of the dry ingredients together. Throw the flour, cocoa mix, salt and baking soda into a large bowl and mixing everything together.
Cream Sugar – In a separate bowl, cream together the brown and white sugar with the butter until it’s nice and smooth.
Wet Ingredients – Add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture and mix until everything is fully blended.
Combine – Next, you’ll want to slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix everything until they’ve blended together.
Add Chocolate – Finally, you’ll want to stir in the white and dark chocolate chips, along with the mini marshmallows until they’re evenly distributed.
Chill – Let the candy cane cookie dough chill in the fridge for about an hour.
Baking Prep – Grab a 9×13 inch pan and line it with foil or parchment paper. A few minutes before the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook – Pour the dough into the baking pan and press it down until it’s even. Then bake the cookie bars for about 23 minutes. The dough should be slightly brown on top and but still have a gooey the center.
Extra Peppermint – If you want a stronger peppermint flavor, try adding some crushed candy canes to the dough before baking.
Keep Them Fresh – Be sure to cover these candy cane cookie bars or store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Rolo Cookie Bars
- Classic Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Best Cheesecake Cookie Bar Recipe
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars
Candy Cane Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup candy cane hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, hot cocoa mix, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Finally stir in white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the dough is slightly browned on the top but still soft.
- Cool, cut, and serve.