Kick back and cozy up with a cup of Frozen Hot Chocolate! This decadent drink with 3 ingredients is made in just minutes without any fuss!
A Hot Chocolate Milkshake
If you’ve never tried a hot chocolate milkshake before, you’re in for a special treat!
This simple recipe can be enjoyed during the cold winter months when you want to snuggle up in a blanket, or it’s the perfect treat to make on a hot summer afternoon when you want a frozen ice cream treat. It’s one of my favorite ways to dress up hot cocoa, and it’s also super easy to make!
Word of caution: You may not be able to stop at one cup, so watch out. (And you’re welcome!)
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Milk – Chocolate milk is my favorite in this recipe, but you can use whatever milk you’d like or have on hand. I’ve tried 2%, whole milk, chocolate almond milk, and half & half – they are all delicious!
- Cocoa Powder- You will need 4 packets of dry hot chocolate mix; any flavor and any brand.
- Ice – I just have a regular blender – it isn’t fancy – and it crushes the ice without a problem so I always use whole ice cubes. If your blender has any problems, try using crushed ice instead.
- Toppings – Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate syrup or fudgy chocolate sauce, maraschino cherries, cinnamon etc. (All optional!)
Prep – Add all the ingredients (except whipped cream) to a blender container.
Mix – Blend until smooth.
Toppings – Pour into 3-4 mugs and add whatever toppings you’d like. It’s like a creamy, but slushy thick milkshake!
Serving – You can serve it by itself or along with some festive Christmas cookies, and cuddle up with a warm blanket and a good movie! (Sounds like a perfect night, right?!)
More Easy Drink Recipes
- Non-alcoholic Holiday Punch
- Dirty Monkey Drink Recipe
- Pineapple Orange Fruit Smoothie
- Non-alcoholic Sangria Punch
- Homemade Peach Smoothie Recipe
Here’s a printable recipe card so you can save this to your repertoire:
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate milk
- 4 packets dry hot chocolate mix, about 1 cup
- 3-4 cups cubed ice
- Whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Add all the ingredients (except whipped cream) to a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into 3-4 mugs and top with whipped cream.