This Hot Cocoa Milk Shake just might change the way you make hot chocolate forever!
One of my favorite ways to dress up hot cocoa is by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the cup of cocoa. Not only does it cool down the hot chocolate just a bit, it also makes it even creamier – which is so delicious! Last week I made a special Hot Cocoa Milk Shake with candy cane ice cream – it turned out so.stinkin.delicious. I think it is my new favorite winter indulgence!
If you’ve never tried a Hot Chocolate Milk Shake before, you’re in for a special treat!
Word of caution, you may not be able to stop at one cup, so watch out. (And you’re welcome!)
Hot Chocolate Milk Shake
- 1 packet of your favorite hot chocolate mix
- milk, enough for one mug full
- 1 scoop of your favorite ice cream
- whipped cream, marshmallow, chocolate syrup, candy, etc., for garnish
- Start by warming your milk over the stove. Cook until desired temperature, keeping in mind that you might want it to be a bit hotter than normal since you will be adding a scoop of ice cream to your drink and you don't want it to be cold.
- Once the milk has reached your desired temperature, whisk in the contents of the hot cocoa packet and mix until blended.
- In a mug, place one scoop of your favorite ice cream. Slowly pour hot cocoa over scoop of ice cream in the mug. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes. This will help the cocoa cool a little and help the flavor of the ice cream to incorporate into the cocoa.
- Garnish as desired and enjoy!
What is your favorite ice cream to add to hot cocoa?
(I want to make sure I am not missing out on anything delicious!)