If you’re a regular reader of this site, you may have noticed my LOVE for a nice warm cup of hot chocolate. It is hands-down my winter drink of choice. I’ve recently shared 10 Ways to Dress Up Your Instant Hot Cocoa Packets and my family’s favorite, Hot Cocoa Milk Shakes. Today I want to show you my favorite Hot Chocolate recipe. You are going to LOVE this!
Creamy Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- Approx. 1/2 cup of creamer (from I prefer Hazelnut or French Vanilla)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil, add cocoa mixture, then stir constantly for about a minute or until the cocoa mixture is well blended. Keep a close eye on this- do not let this scorch or burn to the bottom or you will have to start all over!
- Stir in milk and heat until hot. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla if you like your hot cocoa extra sweet. (I prefer it, but this is optional.)
- Pour into 4 mugs. Add desired amount of creamer to each mug and stir to mix and cool the cocoa to drinking temperature.