Homemade fudge is definitely one of my favorite holiday treats and this easy chocolate fudge recipe is dangerously delicious!
Best Homemade Fudge
My Mom is a fabulous cook and an even better baker, and she would always make so many amazing treats around Christmas. I don’t know how she managed to get it all done with 5 kids at her feet, but mom’s holiday baking was always a monumental event!
My mom got this easy fudge recipe from a lady who used to own a candy shop an it is literally the best fudge I’ve ever made. It’s so simple to make and so delicious that I could totally eat a whole pan by myself. (Seriously, I have issues waiting for it to cool before I dig in!)
The best part about this recipe is being able to share it during the holidays. Who doesn’t love being given a bag full of homemade fudge?
How to Make Homemade Fudge
Prep – Before you get started, be sure to butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan.
Chocolate Mixture – This easy fudge recipe starts by mixing the chocolate chips with the marshmallow cream in LARGE bowl.
Bring The Heat – Next, in a large pan on the stove, combine the butter, sugar and milk. You’ll want to stir the mixture occasionally until it boils to keep it from burning.
Boil – Continue to boil the sugar mixture for 7 minutes.
Combine – Next, add the vanilla to the sugar mixture and then pour it over chocolate chip and marshmallow mixture.
Mix – Beat everything together with large spoon until the chocolate fudge is nice and creamy.
Add-Ins – You can add nuts or crushed candy canes at this point, or just leave it creamy.
Chill – Pour the homemade fudge into the pan and then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours. (If you can wait that long!) Cut into cubes, serve and enjoy!
Best Fudge Mix-Ins
The best part about homemade fudge is being able to add in your favorite toppings. This keeps the recipe fresh so there’s always a new variety to try. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Crushed candy canes are perfect during the holidays
- My husband loves crushed toffee pieces
- Sprinkle sea salt over the top for that incredible salty, sweet combo
- Walnuts, peanuts, almonds or your other favorite nut
- My kids would add M&Ms every time if I let them
- If you like a little kick, cinnamon and cayenne pepper is fantastic
More Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Christmas Blossom Cookies
- Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Gingerbread Cookies
The Best Homemade Fudge
- 12 oz package of Ghirardelli’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 oz jar of marshmallow cream
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and marshmallow cream in LARGE bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and milk in a large pan on the stove, stirring occasionally until it boils.
- Once it boils, stir constantly for 7 minutes.
- Add vanilla to the butter and pour over chocolate chip/marshmallow mixture. Beat with large spoon until creamy. Add nuts or candy cane, optional.
- Let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- Cut into cubes, serve and enjoy!
What are you making this holiday season?