Simple, classy and totally delicious, this molten chocolate lava cake perfect recipe for any special occasion, but it’s also easy enough to make every day.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
My husband and I are both chocolate lovers, so I thought a molten chocolate lava cake would be the perfect ending to our “romantic” at-home Valentine’s date night!
The outside of the cake is so tender and moist, and the inside is a gooey pool of rich chocolate. When combined with strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sauce, it is truly a heavenly dessert!
This recipe is super easy to make, but it also tastes amazing and looks impressive! Add some strawberries that are cut into the shape of a heart and they’re perfect for an anniversary, Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion.
The best part is these chocolate lava cakes smell so good while they are baking! Because the bake time is so short, they’re ready in about thirty minutes, start to finish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Salted butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Powdered sugar
- Egg yolks
How to Make A Lava Cake
Prep – First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. You’ll also want to grab 6 ramekins (6oz size) and give them a shot of cooking spray.
Melt – Place the butter and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it in 30 second increments until everything has melted. Once everything has melted, give it a good stir to blend it all together.
Batter – To make the batter for the molten lava cakes, you’ll start by adding the powdered sugar into the butter mixture and mixing until fully combined. Next, add the egg, yolks and vanilla to the bowl and stir until it’s smooth. Finally, fully mix in the flour and then the batter is done.
Divide – Pour the lava cake batter evenly into the 6 ramekins. You’ll want to fill them with batter until they’re about 1/2 inch from the top.
Cook – Bake the cakes for about 13 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes. As they bake, the outside of the cakes will be firm, but the inside will stay melty and gooey and delicious.
Flip – Dump them out upside down onto a plate.
Serve – Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top and sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar.
Baking Tip – The lava cakes will puff up a little as they bake, but they shouldn’t overflow the ramekins. Placing the ramekins on a cookie sheet is a good idea, though, just in case!
Easy Removal – I found the easiest way to invert them was to run a plastic knife around the inside of each ramekin to release the cake. I then placed the serving plate on top of the ramekin, and flipped them both upside down together.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake
- EASY Chocolate Molten Cake
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup Salted butter
- 4 ounces Semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Powdered sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425. Spray four 6 ounce ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, or until the butter is melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until combined, then add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Add the flour and stir until combined. Divide the batter evenly between the ramekins.
- Bake 13 minutes, then remove from the oven and let stand 5-10 minutes. Run a plastic knife around the edge of each cake to release it from the ramekin, then invert onto a plate.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.