This German chocolate brownie pie is a decadent dessert you’re sure to love. With all of the flavors of your favorite cake, but in brownie form, it’s will soon be your favorite dessert!
Homemade Brownie Pie
There’s something about a German chocolate cake that I find irresistible. I’m constantly dreaming of that incredible chocolate and coconut combo when it comes time for dessert. It’s one of my absolute favorites!
What kind of German chocolate eater are you? Do you scrape the coconut topping off first? Or do you like to get the coconut and the chocolate together all in one big bite? I’m a scraper, hands down!
This German chocolate brownie pie only will only bring two thoughts to mind:
1. I need some milk. Now.
2. I. want. more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For The Brownie Pie
- Pie crust
- Cocoa powder
For The Coconut Topping
- Evaporated milk
- Brown sugar
- Egg yolks
How To Make A German Chocolate Brownie Pie
Prep – Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Then set your pie crust into a round baking dish.
Brownie Pie – Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Then, using an electric mixer, beat in the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla until everything has blended completely together.
Cook – Pour the brownie pie batter into the crust. Then bake it for about 45 minutes, or just until the center of the pie is set.
Coconut Topping – Whisk together the milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks in a medium saucepan while cooking it over medium heat. You’ll want to constantly be whisking the mixture until it is smooth, thick, and a golden brown color.
Final Touches – Remove the mixture from the heat and add the coconut and chopped pecans. Then mix everything together until they’re evenly distributed.
Assemble – Simply pour the coconut topping on the brownie pie and spread it evenly over the top. There you have it, a delicious German chocolate brownie pie.
Other Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Lava Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Brownies
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
German Chocolate Brownie Pie Recipe
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat in the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or just until the center of the pie is set.
- Over medium heat, whisk together the milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks in a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly until smooth, thick, and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut and pecans. Mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Simply spread the coconut topping over the brownie pie.
- Cut into 16 slices to serve.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in September 2012 and updated in 2020.