Cupid floats are a simple Valentine’s Day drink idea that everyone is sure to LOVE! Made with just a couple easy ingredients these drinks are a fun and festive way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
I love to serve these drinks throughout the month of February. Whether you’re having a Valentine’s Day Game Night with your family, hosting a Galentine’s Day Party or just making them to go with your Valentine’s Desserts, these drinks are perfect for any occasion.
Valentine’s Day Drink Idea
I know Valentine’s Day is typically thought of to be a day of love for you and your sweetheart, but that doesn’t mean the kids can’t get in on the fun!
My kids and I made these cupid floats several years ago and they have become a Valentines Day tradition in our home. Just like the classic Root Beer Float, this drink is made with soda and ice cream and the result is a creamy, fizzy, FUN thirst quencher!
Cupid Floats are a perfect Valentine’s Day drink you can serve with your Valentine dinner, or you can make them as a special after-school treat for the kids. When I was the room mom for my daughter’s class last year, we made these floats at their Valentine’s Day party and all the kids LOVED drinking from the licorice straw.
Tip For Making Cupid Floats
- To keep the foam to a minimum, I pour the cherry soda in the cup first and then add the ice cream. If you pour the soda on top of the ice cream, then you get a lot more foam.
Other Festive Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Quick and Easy Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Sweetheart Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Labels
- Valentine’s Day Countdown
- Pink Velvet Waffles
More Fun Drink Ideas
- Shamrock Floats
- Red White & Blue 4th of July Drink
- Italian Soda Bar
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Copycat Strawberry Julius
Valentine’s Day Drink Recipe
Here is the simple tutorial, with a video, of how to make these delicious cupid floats.
Cupid Floats Recipe
- 1 scoop Vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz Cherry soda
- 1 piece Red licorice
- Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to a drinking cup or mug.
- Fill the cup with cherry soda.
- Cut the ends off of 1 strand of red licorice, then place into the cup to use as a straw.
- Drink and enjoy!
Aren’t these cupid floats so fun?
Are you thirsty yet?
Give these a try and let us know how you like them!