These 4th of July drinks are a fun and festive beverage to serve at your party or barbecue. With red, white and blue layers this drink is a patriotic way to enjoy the Fourth!
Summer barbecues are my favorite! Along with these delicious drinks, I love grilling a rack of the Fall Off The Bone Ribs and serving them with a side of Potato Salad and some Watermelon On A Stick for the kids.
Red, White & Blue 4th of July Drinks
I absolutely love Independence Day for all it means to my family and our country. And when you add some festive and patriotic colors to your celebrations, it becomes that much sweeter! Which is why I think these Red, White and Blue 4th of July drinks are so fun! Not only do the kids love all of the fun colors but the adults really enjoy them too!
This idea is going to change the way you serve drinks at parties forever. Seriously, you won’t believe how EASY they are to throw together. And they are so festive – they can go with whatever holiday or event you are celebrating just by changing the colors of the drinks your mixing.
How To Make A Layered Red, White & Blue Drink
- Fill the cup completely with ice
- Slowly pour the drink with the most sugar in first directly over the ice (in my case it was the white drink)
- Using the drink with the next highest sugar content, very slowly pour it directly over the ice
- Add additional ice cubes if needed
- Slowly pour the last color drink directly on top of the ice
Tips For Making A Layered Drink
- Sugar Content – The sugar content of each drink is key to keeping the layers in place. For the top layer I used a sugar free drink so that it’ll sit perfectly on top.
- Take it Slow – Make sure the drink you are pouring drizzles directly onto the ice. If you pour it straight into the first layer of liquid without hitting the ice the colors will mix. And no one wants a drink that looks like dirty toilet water!
- Let it Settle – Make sure you allow each layer to settle before adding the next drink layer
- Ice Cubes – Only use large ice cubes when making this patriotic 4th of July drink. Crushed or small ice cubes (I’m looking at you Sonic;)) won’t work because they’ll melt too fast and cause the colors to blend.
- Serve – Use an adorable Mason jar mug for a decorative touch
More 4th of July Ideas
- Red White & Blue Cupcakes
- Fourth of July Paint Chip Banner
- July 4th BBQ Condiment Station
- Fourth of July Tic Tac Labels
- July 4th Cookie Recipe
Other Fun Drink Recipes
4th of July Drink Recipe
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to layer this patriotic drink, it’s your turn to serve these and be the one everyone talks about at your next party. Leave us a comment below and let us know how they turned out or tag us on social media when you make these of the Fourth of July so we can see how you are celebrating the holiday!
Fourth of July Drink Recipe
This patriotic red white and blue layered drink recipe is a fun way to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- 1 Bottle SoBe Pina Colada
- 1 Bottle Gatorade Fruit Punch
- 1 Bottle G2 Sugar Free Blueberry Pomegranate
- Ice cubes
Fill the cup completely with ice
Slowly pour the drink with the highest sugar content in first directly over the ice
Using the drink with the next highest sugar content, very slowly pour it directly over the ice
Add additional ice cubes if needed
Slowly pour the last color drink directly on top of the ice
Serve & enjoy!