If you’re looking for a simple cake that tastes amazing and will impress your party guests, this chocolate covered Oreo cookie cake recipe is for you! Filled with pieces of Oreo cookies and smothered in chocolate, this cake will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Oreo Chocolate Cake
I have made this chocolate-covered Oreo cookie cake recipe several times over the years and I have never been disappointed. Not only does it taste delicious, it’s also a really pretty cake that looks impressive without all the hard work. (Which is kind of the only recipes I ever attempt now a days.) 😉
And did I mention it’s delicious? (I did?) It really is SUPER YUMMY! (Hello, its covered in chocolate, how can it not be fantastic?!)
Other Amazing Oreo Recipes
- Mini Cheesecake With Oreo Crust
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- White Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Red Velvet Cheesecake With Oreo Crust
- Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Tip For Making Oreo Cake
- If you want to keep the filling white, make sure you mix in the cookies by hand. As you’ll see in the video below, when I was stirring in the cream cheese and crushed cookies I just put them all together and used a hand mixer in stead of mixing by hand. This gave the mixture more of a brown coloring.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
- Best Homemade Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
How To Make Oreo Cookie Cake
This recipe is super simple to make. First, grab your favorite box of chocolate cake mix and make it using two 9 inch round pans. While those are baking, you can the Oreo cookie filling with a standard hand mixer. Once the cakes have cooled you can assemble cake with the cookie filling. Once assembled, the last thing to do is make the chocolate glaze and pour it over the Oreo cake.
If you’re a visual learner like me, I’ve included a video below that will take you through the step-by-step process of making this delicious cake!
Oreo Cookie Cake Recipe
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix plus the ingredients listed on the back of the box
- 4 squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 15 Oreo Cookies coarsely crushed
Prepare cake batter according to the package directions and then bake each cake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on the package.
Remove the cake from the pans and let them cool completely.
Microwave the baking chocolate and the butter in a small glass bowl for 2 minutes, or until the butter is melted.
Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese and the sugar in large bowl with a hand mixer.
Gently stir in cream cheese and crushed cookies.*
Next, stack 1 round cake on a plate, and then spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
Stack the 2nd cake on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the chocolate glaze on top of the cake and let it fall off the sides.
Let the cake stand until the chocolate is firm.
Serve and enjoy
*I just put them all together in the video below, which made the mixture brown. If you want to keep the filling white, make sure you mix in the cookies by hand.