If you’re looking for a simple cake that tastes amazing and will impress your party guests, this chocolate covered Oreo cookie cake recipe is for you! Filled with pieces of Oreo cookies and smothered in chocolate, this cake will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Chocolate Oreo Cake
I have made this chocolate-covered Oreo cookie cake recipe several times over the years and I have never been disappointed. Not only does it taste delicious, it’s also a really pretty cake that looks impressive without all the hard work. (Which is kind of the only recipes I ever attempt now a days.) 😉
And did I mention it’s delicious? (I did?) It really is SUPER YUMMY! (Hello, its covered in chocolate, how can it not be fantastic?!)
How To Make Oreo Cookie Cake
This Oreo cookie cake recipe is super simple to make and here are the step-by-step directions. If you’re a visual learner like me, I’ve included a video that will be running off to the side that will take you through the entire process of making this delicious cake!
Cake Batter – First, grab your favorite box of chocolate cake mix and make it using two 9 inch round pans. Once they’re done baking, you’ll want to set them aside until they cool completely.
Oreo Filling – While those are baking, you can make the Oreo cookie filling with a standard hand mixer. Using a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, cool whip and sugar together in a bowl. gently stir in the crushed Oreo cookies to the cream cheese mixture.
Compile – Once the cakes have cooled you can assemble cake with the Oreo cookie filling. Spread the Oreo filling evenly over one of the chocolate cakes. Then, place the second chocolate cake on top to form an “Oreo”.
Topping – Once assembled, the last thing to do is make the chocolate glaze topping. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl and microwave it until the butter has melted. Then give it a good stir until the chocolate has completely melted and mixed with the butter. Pour this delicious topping over the Oreo cookie cake and serve.
Tip For Making Oreo Cake
Coloring – If you want to keep the filling white, make sure you mix in the cookies by hand. As you’ll see in the video, when I was stirring in the cream cheese and crushed cookies I just put them all together and used a hand mixer in stead of mixing by hand. This gave the mixture more of a brown coloring.
Frosting – If you prefer a thicker topping, you can also use a standard chocolate cake frosting. Or if you’re addicted to chocolate like I am, you can do both.:)
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
- Best Homemade Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
More Amazing Recipes Using Oreos
- Mini Cheesecake With Oreo Crust
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Thanksgiving Oreo Turkey Pops
- 10 Recipes Using Oreo Cookies
- Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Seriously, how good does this Oreo cookie cake look?? Let me know when you make it and I’ll be over in 10 minutes with 2 glasses of milk! Get ready to impress your guests! Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think!
Oreo Cookie Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus the ingredients listed on the back of the box
- 1 oz Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, 4 squares
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 15 Oreo Cookies, coarsely crushed
- Prepare cake batter according to the package directions and then bake each cake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on the package.
- Remove the cake from the pans and let them cool completely.
- Microwave the baking chocolate and the butter in a small glass bowl for 2 minutes, or until the butter is melted.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese and the sugar in large bowl with a hand mixer.
- Gently stir in cream cheese and crushed cookies.*
- Next, stack 1 round cake on a plate, and then spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Stack the 2nd cake on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the chocolate glaze on top of the cake and let it fall off the sides.
- Let the cake stand until the chocolate is firm.
- Serve and enjoy