Homemade Oreo Cakesters (aka “Whoopie Pies”) are soft chocolate cookies with a cream cheese filling. They’re a simple treat that looks and tastes amazing!
I’ve heard Homemade Oreos called Whoopie Pies and Oreo Cakesters, but whatever you call them is fine with me! I just call them amazing! Here’s the simple recipe showing how to make these delicious treats!
Ingredients You Will Need
For the cookies:
- Devil’s Food cake mix
For the frosting:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
How to Make Homemade Oreo Cakesters
MIX – Combine all of the cookie ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix everything until combined.
ROLL – Roll about 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball that’s about the size of a quarter. Then place 12 balls on each baking sheet.
BAKE – Bake the Oreo cakesters for 8 minutes and then remove from the oven and let them cool.
FROSTING – Meanwhile, make the frosting by mixing all the frosting ingredients together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Transfer the frosting into a plastic bag that has the corner cut off.
PIPE – Pipe the frosting onto the bottom of one cookie and then place another cookie on top.
Serve and enjoy!
More Oreo Recipes
- Oreo Dirt Cake
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Thanksgiving Oreo Cookie Pops
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Oreo Cakesters Recipe
for the cookies:
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
for the frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all the cookie ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball that's about the size of a quarter. Place 12 balls on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by mixing all the frosting imgredients together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Transfer frosting into a plastic bag with the corner cut off.
- Pipe frosting on the bottom of one cookie and then top with another cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!