A homemade Oreo ice cream cookie sandwich is easy to make and it is completely delicious! These mini ice cream sandwiches are creamy and refreshing and they totally satisfy my sweet tooth.
DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ice cream sandwiches are probably one of my very favorite treats! I loved them as a kid, and I love them still today! I have fond memories of being at Disneyland with my family as a little girl walking down Main Street with an Oreo ice cream sandwich in my hands, and all over my mouth! As a teenager, I quickly learned that the only time ice cream sandwiches weren’t a good idea is when you have braces. (That chocolate cookie is so hard to clean out! Hahahah!)
These hand scooped Oreo ice cream sandwiches are a mini version of those Disney memories, and they are just the right size for little hands and little tummies! My kids go crazy for these…maybe because everything is better when it’s mini!
How To Make Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
Oreo Cookie Prep – To make your own cookie ice cream sandwich, first grab some Oreos and pull them apart. I usually scrape off the filling, but you can leave it if you want. Place each cookie face up on a baking sheet.
Ice Cream – Next, you’ll add some softened ice cream (not melted) to the cookies. Add about a medium-sized scoop of ice cream on half of the cookies.
Make The Sandwich – Top each ice cream scoop with the other side of the cookies, pushing down slightly to secure and to make sure the ice cream gets all the way to the edges.
Decorate & Serve – For a little added fun, I like to roll the ice cream edge in sprinkles. You can serve them right away but I prefer to pop them back into the freezer so they harden just a bit more before eating them.
And that’s it!
More Delicious Oreo Recipes
- Easy Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Cake
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you liked these mini ice cream sandwiches. Don’t forget to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter so you can try all of our latest recipes!
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- sprinkles, optional
- Separate each cookie and lay them on a pan with the insides facing up. Scrape off the inside filling.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place one scoop of ice cream on half of all the sandwich cookies.
- Top each ice cream scoop with the other cookies. Press down slightly to secure and push the ice cream to the edge of the cookie.
- Optional: Roll ice cream edge in sprinkles.
- Cover and place ice cream sandwiches in freezer for 1 hour, or until ice cream has hardened.
- Remove from freezer just prior to serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Becky is the cook/photographer/writer/eater behind the blog Bite of Delight. Becky was a food contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2017.