Just stop. Stop what you are doing right now and run to the store. You will need 3 ingredients and about five minutes of your time before your taste buds will feel like they have died and gone to heaven. These Oreo Cookie Truffles are so delicious and they are super easy to make. Oreo cookie crumbs mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate…. are you still reading this, or are you at the store yet?
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies (36 cookies), finely crushed and divided
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside 1/4 cup cookie crumbs.
- Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended. Don’t be afraid to get your hands in there!
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls then dip in melted chocolate. Set on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let the chocolate set and harden by refrigerating for 1 hour- if you can wait that long! I actually like eating them before the chocolate hardens, but I don’t know if it is a taste preference or impatience.