Turkey Oreo pops are the cutest Thanksgiving treat ever! Made using just a few easy ingredients they can be assembled in minutes. This fun cookie idea is perfect for everyone!
We have a craving for simple Thanksgiving treats in our house. In our kitchen this week we’ve been creating other delicious Thanksgiving treats like these Sugar Cookie Turkeys, Nutter Butter Cookies, Handprint Turkey Cookies.
Turkeys Made Out of Oreos
Can you guys believe how fast the year is going? I cannot believe that it’s almost Thanksgiving! Are you ready for the big day? Is your menu set and your festivities planned? Here is a simple idea you might want to add to your Thanksgiving agenda – Turkey Oreo Pops.
These things are not only simple to make, they are quite possibly the cutest Thanksgiving treat! They make a fun pre-Thanksgiving dinner activity if you let each of the kids make their own. Or, set one on everyone’s dinner plate for a festive, adorable touch to your Thanksgiving table!
What You Need
To make these yummy turkey cookies, you’ll need the following items:
- Double-stuffed golden Oreo cookies
- Candy corn
- sunflower seeds
- A small piece of orange candy (I used chocolate covered sunflower seeds from Trader Joe’s)
- Red frosting
- White frosting
- Lollipop sticks
How to Make Turkey Oreo Pops
These adorable Turkey Oreo pops come together quickly and easily. Here’s how to make them.
Make The Pop – Stick the lollipop stick into the frosting of the Oreo cookie. If the Oreo separates when you do this, just use a little of your white frosting to stick it back together.
Eyes & Nose – Place a little bit of white frosting to the back of the candy eyes and stick them to the front of the Oreo cookie. Repeat this step to place the orange turkey nose on the cookie.
Turkey Wattle – To make the turkey wattle, dip a toothpick into the red frosting and paint it on turkey’s face.
Feathers – Stick several pieces of candy corn into the side of the Oreo cookie pops to create the turkey feathers.
The Right Cookies – Make sure you are using DOUBLE-STUFFED Oreos for these turkeys. Regular ones don’t have enough frosting in the middle to hold the candy corn “feathers” secure enough.
What If The Cookie Doesn’t Hold – If you find your candy corns are moving around and not holding their place well, put a little more vanilla frosting on top and let it harden a bit before standing the cookie up.
Homemade Candy Eyes – If you want to go the extra mile, you can make your own Homemade Candy Eyes using this easy tutorial.
More Easy Thanksgiving Treats
- How To Make Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- Easiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
- Cookie Gumdrop Cookies
Now that you’ve seen just how easy it is to make these adorable Oreo turkey pops, it’s your turn to give them a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how they turned out. Don’t forget to snap a picture of you and your family making these yummy Thanksgiving treats and tag us on social media so we can see how much fun you’re having.
Turkey Oreo Pops Recipe
- Double Stuffed Golden Oreos
- Candy Corn
- Candy Eyes
- small orange candy, I used a chocolate-covered sunflower seed, but a mini M&M works well too!
- Red Frosting
- White Frosting
- Lollipop Sticks
- Stick a lollipop stick in the middle of each Oreo, through the frosting (if the cookie separates, use some of your white frosting to help stick it together.
- Frost the back of 2 candy eyes, and place them on the Oreo.
- Frost the back of your orange candy and place it on the Oreo.
- Create a turkey wattle using some red frosting and a toothpick.
- Stick several candy corn pieces into the Oreo to create the feathers.